Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was posted by Gigabyte on the NewEgg site in the reviews:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128568&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=4902415&SID=

Manufacturer Response:

"Thank you for your comments. Honest and constructive opinions are always welcome. We apologize for your difficulty with your Gigabyte product.

Wake on Lan or WoL is the old power specification for waking your system through the LAN IP when in suspsend or sleep mode. This required a power header from the NIC to the motherboard. The improved protocal used to wake a system in suspend/sleep mode is through PME Wake Up, or Power Management Events Wake Up. This accomplishes the same, waking your system, however, it no longer requires a hardwired power header, and also allows MAC addresses to be used.

The PME Wake Up option in the BiOS should be enabled by default. However, if you enabled the Erp option (Disabled by default), PME, WoL, Power On by Mouse or Keyboard options will not work.

If you require further assistance, please contact us at [email protected] with the case number 2013021501. Include your complete system configuration."

GIGABYTE VIP Support Team

WOL lan is so useful.

1.-Power on the PC from work or anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Then you can remote in to your computer.
2.-You need this feature to wake the mac from sleep. A mac will wake up when you send airvideo, airplay or use resources that are broadcasted while the computer is at sleep. You can't do this when the NIC is completed off at sleep.
3.-Time Machine won't be able to wake up the Mac to do backups.

If you keep your computer on 24/7 then it's not a problem.

According to the BIOS manual the Asrock Z77N/H77N supports WOL. Thanks for the recommendations!

Anyone else noticed USB2 mass storage devices now work in the USB3 ports? Well they do for me now.
Really? That's very interesting. Did you do anything to make it work? And you're not using a hub?

Really? That's very interesting. Did you do anything to make it work? And you're not using a hub?

No hub. I have no idea what's changed, it's a bit intermittent too. It wasn't working yesterday but it is again today. I just stuck in a usb stick the other day in the front port by mistake and it popped straight up. Tried 3 different sticks and they're all working.

No hub. Tried 3 different sticks and they're all working.

Tried all my sticks & none work, USB3 HD no problems.

So will do the powered hub way

ST7320USBC - StarTech.com 6 Port USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 Combo Hub with 2A Charging Port - Hub looks nice

Also in the Prodigy case USB3 ports (ones on the right, header from the mobo) I can ONLY get a single USB3 HD being active/recognized.

The first one plugged in works fine. If I plug in the second one (into the other port) I get nothing.

To be able to use both I need to plugin the second one into the USB3 port on the mobo itself

Anybody seen that?

sebus

hello guys!!im looking for a Firewire card to install in this motherboard Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI,thanks in advance.

Thanks to all the help here, I have my first hackintosh up and running and working like a champ. I swapped the wifi card for a 1515, and put in the Belkin BT dongle, run pleasesleep, and everything works amazingly well (except the GTX 650, which nothing I've done so far helps it's performance, so will likely swap for a GTX 680). I have OS X and mac apps on a 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, and my home folder on a 3 TB hard drive (I edit video).

But I didn't install Windows 7 when I set this up, and now I would like to because with a GTX 680, I want to use this machine to replace my gaming PC as well as be my video editing mac. I'd kinda like to run Parallels with it, too, but if it compromises gaming performance, I can live without it.

In brief, what's the best way to retrofit Windows 7 gaming capability to this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back