Contribute
Register

[Beta release] NativeDisplayBrightness 0.0.5 testing [updated]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Specs: x299 / 1080 ti / LG 38UC99 / K95 Platinum / MacOS 10.13.3b5

---->>>>>>>>>>>> AWEEESOOOMEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS SMALL APP with the clover patch is absolutely awesome !!!!!!!!
By far one of the best utilitys for a hackintosh!!!!

Thank you so much bensge!!!!

I don't have any other words, this is just awesome!

EDIT: Sry for my bs here, but really, I've searched sth like this for some time now, I've never expected to get sth similar to osx brightness... So I hope you understand my happiness xD

Cheers :)

Just found this app! Amazing! Works perfectly on PHILIPS 227E. Thank you very much.

Interesting app, I'm just working to improve it, by adding GUI and settings..

UPDATED WITH NEW LINK:

v1.0 is done.

Added GUI and Settings:

nativeUI.png

Settings.png

Also, I've added personal option: control Color Temp aka Night Shift.
Using F3 and F4 or slider in menu you can change color temp. I'm personally using it along with brightness.

https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness

You could try this app and download it here:
https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases/tag/v1.0

Any feedback appreciated. I upgraded it for myself, but if there are any bugs, I would love to fix them all.

UPD: Here is my topic about this fork

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nativedisplaybrightness-with-gui-fork.256152/

Last edited:
It would be super nice to set some other hotkeys like F14 and F15 (or what ever so I can remap the with betterTouchTool or Karabiner), because I am using the F2 key to jump into the menubar.

Works beautifully with my LG 34UC98-W, I'm amazed, this is so convenient! Thanks!

P.S.: No Bugs! You know what would be great, a timed dimming function, like: no mouse movement or keyboard input for x minutes, set brightness to 0% ;)

It would be super nice to set some other hotkeys like F14 and F15 (or what ever so I can remap the with betterTouchTool or Karabiner), because I am using the F2 key to jump into the menubar.
I also thought about it and the first and simplest idea option is something like(in dropbox list it's from F1-F19):

Screen Shot.png

what would be great, a timed dimming function,

Well, macOS has already Energy Saver, I think it's enough.

I think energy saver is enough too.

And did you already implemented the hotkey feature or is it just a mock-up? I am a bit confused because I'm actually not at my hackMac and can check the app.

If so, then it's really brilliant.

Well, this app is for monitor, but like not for the sound..
And is it not enough again?

Screen Shot.png

Well, this app is for monitor, but like not for the sound..
And is it not enough again?

macOS doesn't allow adjusting volume for HDMI and DisplayPort displays (digital displays).
Maybe these displays have a volume control that can be controlled by DDC/CI? If that's true, then it may be more convenient to have a Volume slider in your app's menu, than to use the awkward volume control buttons of the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back