Contribute
Register

Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
followed the advice above by commenting out the first two lines of _PTS, seems to go to sleep but once I wake it up the boot drive seems to mount again and the system just hangs with a beachball? any idea what's going on? using an ssd if it makes any difference on an asus p8h61-i

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. Got sleep and powerbutton working on my Asus p8h67-m LE system. Was the last two missing things for at completly operational system.

Much thanks!:clap::clap::clap:

Well finally got it and was a simple bliss to get running.

Regardless Energy Saver Sleep does not work. Regular sleep does work and I haven't yet found a hiccup (granted only had the board ~3 hours).

Problem is I can't make the DSDT edits, most of the objects you reference "don't exist". Using a DSDT kindly edited by Brycv, but not even he can figure out what to do with the nonexistent objects.

Any idea why? It'd be amazing if you could take a look at it!
Please excuse me for my bad english, I'm from Russia and I am writing a google translator.
I confirm that on my "Asus P8H67 (B3)" Bios 3604 no objects to edit above specified method.
Here are the contents of these objects in my case:
PWRB
Code:
        Device (PWRB)
        {
            Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0C0C"))
            Name (_UID, 0xAA)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
            Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
        }
    }
_PTS
Code:
    Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (Zero, P80D)
        P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
        PTS (Arg0)
        If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
        {
            If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
            {
                TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
            }
        }
        If (LOr (LOr (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg0, 0x04)), LEqual (
            Arg0, 0x05)))
        {
            If (LEqual (PFLV, FDTP))
            {
                Store (One, GP27)
            }
        }
    }
And reboot or shutdown works fine and sleep - works partially (system goes to sleep and wakes up immediately, and for complete awakening require re-pressing the power button, also does not work and the USB keyboard, I have to take out and insert it after wake UP).
$ syslog -k Sender kernel -k Message Req Wake
<Debug>: Wake reason: GLAN EHC1
Also, after the combo update the system to version 10.8.2 - it booting only with a -x key.
BIOS has been patched against the kernel panics, and minimal editing DSDT has been made for video and audio (ATI HD 5770 and ALC877).

Attachments

• MyOwn.ioreg.zip
    441.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSDT.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 105
SergeyLS, you are on latest BIOS and the changes give by toleda at the beginning of this threads are not available on your DSDT.

If the system goes to sleep and wakes up immediately, then it could be one of USB ports or anything. Clear the logs and put the system to sleep, wake it up by mouse or keyboard and see what's causing the system to wake up immediately.

Provide the logs if possible.

Also check few things.
Disconnect all the USB device except Keyboards and mouse.
Make sure there is no nullcpupowermanagement.kext in S/L/E.

You don't have any special edits for HDMI A/V in your DSDT, have you tried DSDT free solution?

Hi folks,

Does this fix prevent using onboard Bluetooth on P8P67?

My working Hackintosh setup:
ML 10.8.2 on Asus P8P67 - i5 2500k @ 5 Ghz with 5 PStates, Asus CuCore 5770 with working HDMI Audio (patched Hoolock framebuffer), Bluetooth with ath3k-firmware-uploader.

Formerly sleep worked for me under Lion, with same DSDT and setup, unfortunately I forgot how i managed to achieve this.

Does this fix prevent using onboard Bluetooth on P8P67?

ML 10.8.2 on Asus P8P67 - i5 2500k @ 5 Ghz with 5 PStates, Asus CuCore 5770 with working HDMI Audio (patched Hoolock framebuffer), Bluetooth with ath3k-firmware-uploader.
See Sleep Preventing Kexts - Remove if installed Post 1.

thanks for your reply toleda.

i've read your initially post, of course, but i was hopping there would be another way you get both, working sleep with onboard bluetooth. With Lion both worked for me :(

thanks for your reply toleda.

i've read your initially post, of course, but i was hopping there would be another way you get both, working sleep with onboard bluetooth. With Lion both worked for me :(

sleep and onboard BT work on my board using the firmware uploader by ajg0r (havent tried drcrack's version) http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...tooth-p8p67-boards-bt-211-a-3.html#post106431

the onboard bluetooth isnt that good though, doesnt have much range

are you using the patched aicpupm kext?

are you using the patched aicpupm kext?

Hi Samisnake,

no, i'm using Asus patched BIOS 2303 with original aicpupm. I'm satisfied with the onboard bluetooth range (just using apple wirless kb and cellphone filetransfer), but indeed the range is just about 2 meters.

edit:
sleep and onboard BT work on my board using the firmware uploader by ajg0r
I've tried the ajg0r version ath3k-firmware-uploader-V2.tar.gz, with the same result, system does not stay in sleepmode:
When I press the power-off button, the system tries to sleep and 2sec later the system wakes up again with "no bluetooth device", 4-8sec later the bluetooth is reloaded and devices are up again.

Anything else you've done to achieve working sleep with onboard bt?

Finally resolved sleep and wakeup with onboard Bluetooth P8P67 ...

at least i've tested the Atheros 3011 kexts from mlydinesh@ from osx86.net. What i've done:

1. Uninstalled the ath3k-firmware-uploader-V2 completely
2. Installed IOBluetoothFamily.kext and IOath3kfrmwr.kext with KextWizard, Rebuild Cache and Permission ... Rebooted ...
3. After cold restart Bluetooth was instantly there, sleep and wake up via apple bt keyboard works out of the box.

Thanks goes to mlydinesh!

Downloads: http://www.osx86.net/view/2628-atheros_ar5b195_ar9285_wifi_+_ar3011_bl_...html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back