Contribute
Register

Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.8.3 sleep works. dsdt not compiling is a different problem.

I have a P8Z68-V Pro. I created my own dsdt. Stock Bios. Everything working properly. (except usb3 and BT. I dont use them.)
Sleep not working at all.
The screen goes black and the computer still runs.
But what really bugs me is that dsdt does not compile.

I have a P8Z68-V Pro.
But what really bugs me is that dsdt does not compile.
This guide does not apply to Z68 motherboards. Make a new post in the DSDT forum for help with the dsdt.

So I'm bumping an old thread here, but ...

I built this system ~1.5 years ago:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/44805-10-6-8-10-7-3-asus-p8h61-m-le-csm-r3-g530-200-a.html

It's been working great but I never managed to get sleep working. I think I last posted on these boards in Feb '12.

Samisnake sent me a PM in April '12 after I stopped going on the boards informing me there was a sleep fix and linked me to this thread. I wasn't too annoyed with my system's inability to sleep and I was too busy to do anything about it at the time so I've just been using my desktop without sleep since then.

Well I just bought a HTPC and I've been swapping around my hard drives. Long story short I needed to use multibeast again to install a bootloader onto a cloned partition and decided to give this a go. It works like a charm.

Only issue is I was getting compilation errors because the PWRB fix was missing a "}" at the very end for whatever reason.

Thanks toleda for your work and to samisnake for all of your help back then. 10.6.8 is still my favorite OS and it's running perfectly.

So interestingly enough I'm having trouble with Wake on LAN enabled - the computer will sleep for <5 minutes and wake up again and then won't sleep again on its own. I can put it to sleep using the apple menu just fine but it won't sleep on its own timer generally.

I noticed you mentioned my board back on page 3 of this thread. I've been trying to follow your DSDT edits an am a bit confused. I am pretty new to the whole DSDT game and was only partially successful in creating a DTST. That is nothing new for me as I have limited knowledge in this area... i have an Asus P8Z68-v Pro/3.0 + i73770k running Lion 10.7.5, 16GB Patriot DDR3 1600 RAM, Evga GTX 550Ti. I've been experiencing partial sleep but fans keep running and no blinking light. Nothing will wake it from it's coma at that point and reboot is required. This goes for manual/auto sleep. Currently working "sleep" is the only thing NOT working on my build.

The bios changes I believe I got and have already tried most of them. "Execute Disable Bit" is a new one but I think I can find it in the bios if its there.

Regarding your posted code, I was able to extract what I presume is my system using "DSDT Editor" (assuming the correct bios is used for my situation). I was able to find the devices SMbus, HPET and believe I input the code correctly. EHC1 and UHCI were another matter. I couldn't find UHCI at all and assumed I had no such devices and ignored it. When I tried to compile the thing (DSDT Editor.app) I got a zillion errors. EHC1's "DTGP" was an "unknown" word for example. "_T_0" was an "reserved" compiler word for example. ...too many errors to post all of them here!

Do you think you could post a simple "dsl" text file for a "finished product" reference for something that works. I couldn't put your "patch files" in context with the "Factory" DSDT file provided. Don't know what to do with them at this point. ??? I opened the "Factory" file in your download too and it wouldn't compile either. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back