Contribute
Register

Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to tell you that Sleep WORKS afar the DSDT edits on the first post for the Asus P8H61M-PRO with I5 cpu and HD3000 video. Thanks again Toleda. :thumbup: :wave: :headbang:

Yeah! Thanks to you and all. I also have 5 Psteps!

Hi guys, this is probably obsolete since there are new versions of the BIOS, but I'll post what I have - maybe it will be of some help to somebody.

I have P8P67-M board and still very old Bios (1002 I think). There are 3 files attached:
- DSDTorig.dsl - unmodified DSDT
- DSDTminSleep.dsl - just a minimum edits to get sleep working
- DSDT.dsl - version with some more edits, of which only P-States fix is important (in APSS method, for my Core i5-2300)
P8P67-M-Bios1002.zip

Minimum for sleep here is:
1. to add SBUS device inside PCI0
2. to remove (comment out) one line in _PTS:
Code:
    Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)  // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
    {
        //Store (0x80000008, \_SB.PINX)  // --> Trouble, must be removed
        \_SB.ISMI (0x90)
        Store (Arg0, DBG8)
        If (LAnd (LEqual (Arg0, 0x04), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))
        {
            Sleep (0x0BB8)
        }

PTS (Arg0)
        Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, Zero))
        Store (Zero, Index (WAKP, One))
        Store (ASSB, WSSB)
        Store (AOTB, WOTB)
        Store (AAXB, WAXB)
        Store (Arg0, ASSB)
        Store (OSFL (), AOTB)
        Store (Zero, AAXB)
        Store (One, \_SB.SLPS)
    }

Those are minimum edits of the existing code. The actual minimum for _PTS method can be found in RevoGirl's P8P67-M-PRO strip down DSDT.

It seems that removing IRQs from TMR and PIC and adding them to HPET is not needed (I saw RevoGirl did not do it). I also do not need adding anything to USB devices, since they are recognized as built-in. PWRB is also fine - just _HID, _UID and _STA as originally is there.

Idle sleep (auto-sleep) does not work here because of the LG DVD. Well, it works if I have CD inserted in it. :p

I'll probably flash BIOS to new 3xxx version soon, but I guess it will require similar edits.

By the way, since those are all UEFI boards, if anybody feels experienced enough and interested, can try UEFI boot with Clover and OsxAptioFixDrv. Nothing special there - boot is a boot, after all - but it's interesting to know that it's possible.

Attachments

• P8P67-M-Bios1002.zip
    87.8 KB · Views: 85
P8P67 Deluxe with patched 2305 on Mountain Lion

I can't get the sleep working on my rig. My mobo is P8P67 Deluxe with the patched version of 2305 bios, running Mountain Lion.

I can sleep with the Power button, and it wakes up ok, but it won't sleep on its own. I've made all the edits and removed the kexts as mentioned, but still no luck.

Any idea what I should try?

I can't get the sleep working on my rig. My mobo is P8P67 Deluxe with the patched version of 2305 bios, running Mountain Lion.

I can sleep with the Power button, and it wakes up ok, but it won't sleep on its own. I've made all the edits and removed the kexts as mentioned, but still no luck.

Any idea what I should try?
Trial and error. Start with a clean install and verify sleep (power button, Finder, System Pref/Energy Saver) and wake. Add one third party kext at a time until sleep and wake stops working. Remove last kext installed. Verify sleep and wake works. Continue.

Sleep/Wake working with Mountain Lion (10.8) with my Asus P8H61M-PRO with I5 cpu and HD3000 video. No video artifacts either.

Hey I am just trying to put my notes here in case they help someone else trying to do the same thing with this board. ...and in case someone who actually knows what they are doing can jump in and point out something really obviousbutnotallthatobvioustome. I'll come back and put in a couple more tests in a couple of days. Bear in mind I have no idea what any of these edits do - I'm no programmer!

Code:
DSDT Editing notes: P8Z77-I Deluxe w/0607 BIOS (patched by samisnake), Mountain Lion 10.8.1
Aim: focus on trying to make sleep work.

Stock system (no DSDT):
Sleep appeared to work with all fans etc turning off but immediately "tries" to wake for ~1second, then reboots.

Edits from Toleda's post:
After extracting the DSDT:
1. Search for "_PTS":
Comment out First two lines in this block, i.e.
    //Store (SMIM, \SB.PINX)
    //\_SB.ISMI (0x90)

2. Search for "Device (PWRB)":
Change "HID" in the first Name line to "CID"
A few lines down, change "Return (GPRW (0x1D, 0x04))" to "Return (GPRW (0x08, 0x04)"

DSDT attempt 1: both edits above as described.
Notes: 
- Sleep via apple menu works.
- Sleep via power button works.
- Wake via keyboard works.
- Wake via Power button works.
- Bluetooth devices work properly after wake.
- Sleep via 1 minute schedule (Sysprefs/Energy Saver) works but late - sleeps display after 2 minutes, system after 4-5 minutes.  All fans still running, albeit very slow and nearly silent. After ~7-8 minutes something starts running up the fans a bit.  Tried keyboard, mouse - no response.  Pressed power button.  System immediately went to sleep (i.e. the fans at last turned off) for ~1min before auto-waking.
- Using terminal command "sudo pmset schedule sleep (time)" brings up the warning 1 minute beforehand which the user could cancel (thanks apple!).  Leaving this warning to time out turns the monitor off, system doesn't sleep for another 3 minutes.  Seems to be the same behaviour as system preferences one above.  After ~7 minutes the system completely sleeps before waking up again immediately.
- Last check: does the system stay asleep if I use the sleep command from apple menu.  Nope, after ~3-4 minutes it auto-wakes.  Damn!
- all wakes are successful wakes at least - I wonder which of the above edits did that?

DSDT attempt 2: Only do the second set of edits (PWRB)
Sleep does the immediate wake/restart thing.  OK so those two (?) lines are the problem ones.

DSDT attempt 3:  Only do the first change to the _PTS block (remove first 2 lines)
- System sleeps, but auto-wakes after ~1min
- Wake via bluetooth works.  didn't test anything else I guess it will work roughly the same.

DSDT attempt 4: only comment out the FIRST line in _PTS, not the first two (I thought they were part of one line)
- Sleep via apple menu works.  Wakes properly from keyboard.
- Wakes after 2 minutes.

...more coming later

EDIT: A week or so later and I have sleep working. Seems to be that this stupid power-saving block that they give out in Australia was the problem. It is designed to monitor the amount of power going to the main computer, and have peripherals (speakers, monitor etc) all plugged into a secondary outlet which switches off power whenever the block detects a decrease in power going to the main system. Seems that sleep mode caused the block to turn off the peripherals around a minute later, which equated to a "change in USB" event which immediately woke the computer up (console Wake reason was always "?"). Thinking about it I think my Macbook had the same problem when I used that same power block thing to turn off power to the same peripherals.

So in summary: I have sleep working on the P8Z77-I deluxe with the "_PTS" edit ONLY as described in Edit# 1 above. Note that both lines of code were removed (not just the first line). If anyone else does the same thing but sleep still doesn't work, then at the moment it might be worth noting that I have PleaseSleep running (haven't tested it without), and also Sleepwatcher command-line utility, but I think it was working before I installed Sleepwatcher.

Messy I know, but once I have finished thoroughly testing I plan to write up a build guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back