Contribute
Register

Best Build around i9-10900k for music production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also need to buy a firewire 400 or 800 pci card. The cheaper one compatible with my system. Any advice ?
Whatever you can find with stated support for macOS… If support is not stated, the thing to look for is a Texas Instrument chipset rather than Renesas.

The PEX 009 card in the above link has a TI chip, and I can confirm that it works out of the box.

I have an XTF XTR 750W PSU at home, I tested it, but it doesn't work !
Please any advice for a brand new good quality and silent PSU ?
Some psu available online now but I will follow your precious advices :
Corsair RM750
Corsair RM750x
Corsair RM850x
Seasonic Focus PX-850
Cooler Master V850
Cooler Master V750 SFX

Last edited:
I use a Corsair RM650x with a max-overclock 11900, RX6600XT, and 150W of misc drives and other stuff.

PS fan is perfectly quiet and unit has excellent construction and cables.

Any of the PSU's you listed would be fine, subject to system Wattage requirements.

Just so you are aware, the Cooler Master V750 SFX is aimed at an ITX build, not an ATX build. Your XTR PSU would be larger as would the other four in your list. So, if space in your system case is at a premium the SFX PSU may be your best choice.

The 2 x Corsair and Cooler Master V850 PSU's are Gold Certified. The Seasonic PSU is Platinum Certified if that makes any difference, so probably a little more efficient, if the PSU is sized correctly for your system.

Based on the information from post #41 and assuming the system is similar to the one listed below, you would be fine using a 700W Gold PSU.
1 x i9-10900K CPU​
4 x 8GB DDR4 RAM​
1 x 512GB-1TB SSD/NVME​
3 x 7200RPM 3.5 HDD​
1 x AMD R9 380 GPU​
The system above would require a minimum of 636W.

So, a PSU 700-750W would suffice. An 850W PSU is probably too big.

Have you checked the PSU Wattage you require for your proposed system, so you know you aren't buying an over large PSU. As this wouldn't work as efficiently if not utilised correctly by the system. Use one or all of the PSU calculators linked below to see what they recommend for your system.

Personally, I tend to use Corsair PSU's, but that is just my choice as they have served me well over the years.

Any of the PSU's you listed would be fine, subject to system Wattage requirements.

Just so you are aware, the Cooler Master V750 SFX is aimed at an ITX build, not an ATX build. Your XTR PSU would be larger as would the other four in your list. So, if space in your system case is at a premium the SFX PSU may be your best choice.

The 2 x Corsair and Cooler Master V850 PSU's are Gold Certified. The Seasonic PSU is Platinum Certified if that makes any difference, so probably a little more efficient, if the PSU is sized correctly for your system.

Based on the information from post #41 and assuming the system is similar to the one listed below, you would be fine using a 700W Gold PSU.
1 x i9-10900K CPU​
4 x 8GB DDR4 RAM​
1 x 512GB-1TB SSD/NVME​
3 x 7200RPM 3.5 HDD​
1 x AMD R9 380 GPU​
The system above would require a minimum of 636W.

So, a PSU 700-750W would suffice. An 850W PSU is probably too big.

Have you checked the PSU Wattage you require for your proposed system, so you know you aren't buying an over large PSU. As this wouldn't work as efficiently if not utilised correctly by the system. Use one or all of the PSU calculators linked below to see what they recommend for your system.

Personally, I tend to use Corsair PSU's, but that is just my choice as they have served me well over the years.
the components are :

CPU : Intel Core i9-10900K
Power Supply : Corsair RM850x ( arriving ! )
SSD : Western Digital Black SN850 1TB with its heatsink
6 1TB X 3.5" Sata HHD for SOUNDS and other
Monitor : APPLE LED CINEMA DISPLAY 27" Mini DisplayPort and LG full hd 32" LED HDMI port + LG 32" LED TV
CASE : Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
MOTHERBOARD : Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
RAM : DDR4 64GB (2x32GB) Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ
CPU COOLER : Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Universal Audio Apollo X6 TB
USB midi Keyboards
PCIe card : - GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0) ( I will have to buy it ! )
- Firewire 400/800 ( I will have to buy it ! )
GPU : ( I will have to buy it ! ) for now I will use the system with igpu

I used various PSU calculators and recommend around 700/750W, so I've choosen 850W for future upgrades

a doubt : about the Western Digital Black SN850 1TB, it arrived with its heatsink ( the price was cheapest than the one without heatsink ), so I had to install it without the motherboard heatsink. Any problem for that ?

Last edited:
a doubt : about the Western Digital Black SN850 1TB, it arrived with its heatsink ( the price was cheapest than the there one without heatsink ), so I had to install it without the motherboard heatsink. Any problem for that ?
Nope!, should be fine.

I received the psu today, Corsair RM850x. So I was ready to turn on the machine but when I try nothing appears on video. The funs works and the system continues to try to boot, every time it try to boot, the cpu red led on mobo turns on.:banghead:
In this moment the components of the system are :
CPU : Intel Core i9-10900K
Power Supply : Corsair RM850x
SSD : Western Digital Black SN850 1TB with its heatsink
Monitor : LG 32" LED TV via hdmi
CASE : Lian Li Lancool PC-K60
MOTHERBOARD : Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
RAM : DDR4 64GB (2x32GB) Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ
CPU COOLER : Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
usb keyboard and mouse on usb 2 ports
GPU : ( I will have to buy it ! ) for now I will use the system with igpu

Attachments

• B7F26F99-6D50-4479-8EFE-02C58C5B9698.jpeg
    B7F26F99-6D50-4479-8EFE-02C58C5B9698.jpeg
    395.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'm thinking to flash the bios because I don't know the actual version on my mobo. What version ?
F20 or F21a for my configuration ? Thanks a lot

@andmost,

Check that your PSU’s cables are properly plugged in into the correct ports and that you’ve got power going to the motherboard main 24-pin port as well to the CPU 4-pin power. If the cables aren’t fully plugged into those two sockets it usually comes up with a red light.
Also make sure the CMOS battery and RAM is properly and fully seated.

For flashing the BIOS I would use version F20 and avoid F21.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back