CPU
i7-920
Graphics
HD 5870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to everyone from Italy, I would like to build my 2st hackintosh. The best possible around the i9-10900k cpu that I have.
The best solution to have an easy install with all working, mainly the thunderbolt and usb-c ports.

USAGE
Mainly Music production for now.
No games, in the future I could to do some video editing or rendering 3d but for now I will use it only with onboard gpu.

PERIPHERAL DEVICES
Universal Audio Apollo x6 -> via THUNDERBOLT 3 - slots on motherboard

COMPONENTS THAT I HAVE BUT I ACCEPT ADVICES AND CHANGES IF NECESSARY :

CPU : Intel Core i9-10900K
Power Supply : XFX XTR 750W
SSD : 2 x Samsung 980 pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
6 X 3.5" Sata HHD for SOUNDS and other
Monitor : APPLE LED CINEMA DISPLAY 27" Mini DisplayPort and LG full hd 32" LED HDMI port
CASE : Lian Li Lancool PC-K60

I SHOULD TO BUY :

MOTHERBOARD : .......? The best quality mobo for this project ?
RAM : DDR4 64GB or 128GB ?????
CPU COOLER : ........????? I'm thinking on Noctua NH-D15S or Noctua NH-D15, I don't know

OS
for now I use High Sierra or Mojave but I could to use Big Sur too ( Universal Audio Apollo x6 is compatible )

QUESTIONS
1. Is there something missing - did I forget something?
2. Possible compatibility issues?
3. Any possibility for PCI 4.0 to work in order to obtain the maximum NVMe ssd speed?

Thanks a lot for your HELP !

Last edited:
Have a look at the Z490 Golden Build. It is rather difficult to find one of these boards new. Might have to go the refurbished route.

Best change these 980 Pro drives for WD 750/850 to avoid TRIM-related issues.
Other than that, a Z490 Vision D or G is your best option (Golden Build)… if you can find one. If the board does not have on-board Thunderbolt, you may add a Titan Ridge card (not Maple Ridge).

Have a look at the Z490 Golden Build. It is rather difficult to find one of these boards new. Might have to go the refurbished route.

yes, Gigabyte Z490 Vision D only refurbished here

Best change these 980 Pro drives for WD 750/850 to avoid TRIM-related issues.
Other than that, a Z490 Vision D or G is your best option (Golden Build)… if you can find one. If the board does not have on-board Thunderbolt, you may add a Titan Ridge card (not Maple Ridge).
the maximum speed of a WD NVMe 750/850 on the Z490 Vision D ?

yes, Gigabyte Z490 Vision D only refurbished here
Actually not quite, you can still get a Z490 Aorus Ultra from Amazon. It currently sells for $283.63, has Thunderbolt as an option and should be compatible with the above guide.

the maximum speed of a WD NVMe 750/850 on the Z490 Vision D ?
It should be around 3000 MB/s read and 3500 MB/s write on the Z490 as it is PCIe 3.0.

Need to get @BoomR in this discussion.

Need to get @BoomR in this discussion.
Where has he been this Summer ?

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back