Contribute
Register

Beelzebozo's OS X Yosemite Video Guide- i7-4770K - GA Z97X-UD5H - 16GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to see this thread. I´m planing to buy the same card but with Thunderbolt. Are these working without any additinal .kext like USB 3.0 is working without any?

Great to see this thread. I´m planing to buy the same card but with Thunderbolt. Are these working without any additinal .kext like USB 3.0 is working without any?

USB 3.0 is native for this motherboard, no extra kext needed.

USB 3.0 is native for this motherboard, no extra kext needed.

Yes, but how about the Thunderbolt if I choose the MB with .. - TH ? I saw you have a similar MB with Thunderbolt.

Yes, but how about the Thunderbolt if I choose the MB with .. - TH ? I saw you have a similar MB with Thunderbolt.

Thunderbolt works, unfortunately hot swapping doesn't so you will need to have the device plugged in and powered on at time of boot for it to work. You can search the forum for more info for other topics related to Thunderbolt.

@Beelzebozo Nice work!

Can you add Native Power Management to get the processor working efficiently? I think it's a something that a lot of people - like me - have confused how to do in a clean way. I think you can use Quicktime to rec the screen to add a second video, if you are interesting to share and to have in your nice system.

I let you a link http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Hi thanks for the video. I have H97D3H mobo but as you can see it is the same specifications. I have 2 issues. Both are USB related.

1. If I plug my ipad itunes doesnt recognize it. BUt if i remove the IOSUSBFamily and IOSUSBMassStorageClass kext it works fine. BUt then my external HDD doesnt power down on shutdown.

2. My USB 3.0 pendrive the transfer rate to and from the pendrive is slow, like USB 1.0 speeds. My USB HDD is 3.0 and file transfer speed is good on it.

Are you facing a similar problem??

I recently used your guide to install Yosemite, used MultiBeast Yosemite Edition with your options

However the boot loader doesn't seem to want to take, here is the error that greets me with out USB unibeast plugged in.
IMG_0560.jpg

The computer will boot into Yosemite just fine if using the unibeast USB installer (everything works)

Hardware:

Intel Core i7-4790K
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
LG 34UM95-P Monitor
XFX 290X 4GB
Plextor 256 Pro SSD
HyperX 12GB

Can anyone provide some insight to what I'm missing?

... You can set an HD resolution in org.chameleon.boot.plist. There is an option for 1900 x 1080 in MultiBeast which you can modify after.

Hello Beelzebozo,
I've edit the option in org.chameleon.boot.plist and I can see the resolution has been changed while booting. But after Yosemite was loaded, the resolution of my Ultra Wide LG panel was changed back to full HD.
Any ideas?
Thx in advance.
Bye Oli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back