Contribute
Register

Beelzebozo's OS X Yosemite Video Guide- i7-4770K - GA Z97X-UD5H - 16GB RAM - Intel HD Graphics 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm attempting this exact same build, but my computer is getting stuck around 3:58 of your video. The bios has been set correctly (one question though, does it matter in the bios which drives it stats its going to boot off of? order wise?), and have choosen the unibeast usb while typing maxmem=8192, hit enter and the load bar gets stuck around 45-50%.

Any ideas what the issue could be? Thanks for help!
20141108_220759.jpg

Lan setting is disabled .

Hey Beezlsebozo,

Just wanting some general help in regards to the Multibeast settings post-installation. Here is my setup:

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Intel Core i7 4790k
Geforce GT 740
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (8gb x 2) 1600 mHz DDR 3 RAM

I have tried a combination of Multibeast settings. I am asking for some troubleshooting tips. I have read through some documentation in regards to Multibeast, but was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for more detailed info about the specific settings. I am trying to understand what all of the specific settings do.

Also, I see that a lot of people are talking about kernel panics. I am assuming you are starting up in verbose mode. When doing that, what are you specifically looking for? How do you know if there was a kernel panic or not?

Does anyone have any ideas on Multibeast settings for my setup?

Thanks in advance.

What output are you using? VGA, DVI, or HDMI?

Have you removed a stick of RAM?

Hi Everyone,

Have a very similar setup,
GA Z97X-UD5H
i3-4360
8GB Crucial ballistix sport (2x4GB)
Intel HD 4600

These guides have been very helpful, but i'm still having a few issues with my setup.
So far have it setup in a triple boot configuration with Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu. Although I'm using chameleon at the moment as I haven't had the required time to upgrade to clover yet.

Have two main issues that I wanted to check in and see if anyone else was experiencing.

1) The system freezes randomly, and MOST of the time appears to be USB related (happens when i plug in or unplug a USB device from the front panel. However, it does occasionally occur with no USB devices plugged in, albeit very rarely.
have tried the following fixes based on other threads with no luck:
-tested both options for Generate CPU States
-Graphics Enabler
-NPCI=0x2000

Is this something that could fix itself when I upgrade to clover?

2) I get about 20 seconds of pure static on boot between the grey apple logo and loading bar and the user login screen. I realized that if I type my password and hit enter while the static is up, it works and when the static disappears i'm at the desktop, so i think for obvious reasons that this is strictly a graphics issue. I plan on getting a 760oc in the next few months, so this isn't THAT big of a deal to me, but if anyone has found a fix I would love to hear about it.
So far I have tried the following with no luck:
-GraphicsEnabler=Yes,No
-changed system definition to Mac Pro 5,1 - iMac 14,2
-Installed the HDMI Audio option from multibeast

*edit - After checking, my current system definition is Mac Pro 3,1. Is this right? does anyone know if 5,1 is supported?

*edit 2 - Also realized that system is crashing upon waking up from sleep.

HI beelzebozo
my name is Nicola And I m writing from Italy. i ve the same motherboard you Have with core i7. 4790k And integrated hd 4600 grafics . 16 Gb ram ddr3. i would like to install yosemite 10.10. i ve some question. Could you Help me?
first: when i create usb yosemite, what i Have to choice in unibeast : laptop support or legacy support?

second: which bios settings Have i to set up for installati on? what i ve to write for starting installation after booting from usb?

theard: when I run multibeast after installation, which choice i ve to flag for Ga-z97x-ud5h?

thanks in advance.

HI beelzebozo
my name is Nicola And I m writing from Italy. i ve the same motherboard you Have with core i7. 4790k And integrated hd 4600 grafics . 16 Gb ram ddr3. i would like to install yosemite 10.10. i ve some question. Could you Help me?
first: when i create usb yosemite, what i Have to choice in unibeast : laptop support or legacy support?

second: which bios settings Have i to set up for installati on? what i ve to write for starting installation after booting from usb?

theard: when I run multibeast after installation, which choice i ve to flag for Ga-z97x-ud5h?

thanks in advance.

This might help

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...gb-corsair-vengenance-ram-evga-gtx-760-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back