Contribute
Register

Avid Pro Tools HDX system Build (Success) -ASUS P9X79 Pro,

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks great. I'm thinking of doing this build but for HD Accel cards not HDX. Will this work for HD3 setup?
This will be my first computer build since I put together PC's on Windows 3 in the dark ages. Been using Mac
ever since.

This looks great. I'm thinking of doing this build but for HD Accel cards not HDX. Will this work for HD3 setup?

should work with HD accel also.

This will be my first computer build since I put together PC's on Windows 3 in the dark ages. Been using Mac
ever since.

same with me, this is my first hack build,, never looked back to pc until now, cuz no update for macpro..

Hi,
Congratulations for your success on this build.
I just wanted to ask you that have you tried 2 HDX cards with Mountain lion with PT11...???

Need your suggestions on this question....

Hi,
Congratulations for your success on this build.
I just wanted to ask you that have you tried 2 HDX cards with Mountain lion with PT11...???

Need your suggestions on this question....

No I do have lion 10.7, not yet tried with the mountain lion and protools HD 11 ..

I'm doing a Pro Tools HDX build also. I'll be using a different ASUS motherboard though. Does the PCI-E lanes have to be right next to each other to work or can it have a gap between them?

I'm doing a Pro Tools HDX build also. I'll be using a different ASUS motherboard though. Does the PCI-E lanes have to be right next to each other to work or can it have a gap between them?

hey sorry for delayed reply , i hope by this time you must be figured it out. yes it should be right next to each other to connect link cables from avid..

Hey guys,

On the subject of Protools rigs, I'm in the middle of building an HDX 2 rig and was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on a deal-breaking issue I've been having. Specs are below.

Initial install was OSX 10.8.5, and everything ran without issue. Upgraded to 10.9.4 through the Unibeast method and the HDX cards are no longer recognized properly by Protools. I run into "AAE error -1092" during the Initializing Hardware phase of launching protools 11, and I can't find any information regarding that particular error. PT10, Coreaudio Manager and Digitest all crash on launch, giving the same -1092 error. Audio Midi setup sees the cards, as does System Preferences. Obviously a major issue since Protools is basically the only thing this machine will be doing. Anyone know some troubleshooting I might be able to try? Bios settings, firmware upgrades (not sure how to do on HDX cards), etc?

Thanks guys!

GA-Z87X-OC FORCE, i7 4790k 4GHz, 2x HDX cards, Nvidia GTX 760, Corsair RM750 PSU, 32GB Ballistix Tactical 1600MHz, OSX 10.9.4, PT 11.2.1

I will try with a HDX card today, and BlackMagic. Hoping for the best, the OSX is ultra fast and stable, after upping the ram voltage to 1.7volts (because of full four-slot usuage, got rid of freezes/bsod).

It`s main mission will be running PT HD 11, with HD Omni interface

Setup:
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK, Socket-1150
Intel Core i7-4790K /w Intel TS13X Liquid Cooling Solution
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB PhysX
4x4GB RAM (1.7volt manually)
Crucial MX100 SSD 512GB 2,5" 7mm
Corsair RM850, 850W PSU

I will try with a HDX card today, and BlackMagic.

Hey. I have been considering getting an upgrade from my old Mac, and need to know what MB will support exactly those two cards.

Did you have any luck getting it to work?
PT 10 & 11? What OSX version?

Also, just out of curiosity: Which case did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back