Register

Avid Pro Tools HDX system Build (Success) -ASUS P9X79 Pro,

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58GA-UD3R-FB
CPU
i7-950
Graphics
GTX 460
This machine still up and running. Updated to El Capitan and Protools HD 12.8.1.
Hey !
Awesome build thanks for all the infos, did you upgrade to Sierra by any chance ? If not would you think there's gonna be any issues between Sierra and the HDX PCIe card ? (using Protools 2018)

Thank you very much !

Motherboard
Asus P9x79 Pro
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
MSI Radeon HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey !
Awesome build thanks for all the infos, did you upgrade to Sierra by any chance ? If not would you think there's gonna be any issues between Sierra and the HDX PCIe card ? (using Protools 2018)

Thank you very much!

Hey Max, Yes I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.3 since Protools HD 12 doesn't support 10.13.4 at the moment ( June 2018).
This machine is running smoothly with HDX.

Bellow, I have attached working EFI.

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
Hey Max, Yes I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.3 since Protools HD 12 doesn't support 10.13.4 at the moment ( June 2018).
This machine is running smoothly with HDX.

Bellow, I have attached working EFI.
Did you have to do anything in particular to get the HDX to work? I have just done a build, but get no audio out of Pro Tools when using HDX. The HD I/O is metering, just no sound.

Motherboard
Asus P9x79 Pro
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
MSI Radeon HD 6870
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please double check audio routing on protools I/O setup. Check whether you’re using Adat outs or analog outs according to your setup.
If you’re getting audio signal on I/O (LED), you already have a successful Pro Tools system..

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android
Please double check audio routing on protools I/O setup. Check whether you’re using Adat outs or analog outs according to your setup.
If you’re getting audio signal on I/O (LED), you already have a successful Pro Tools system..

Cheers
Yes it was my I/O on the end. Had Outputs set to digital instead of analog. :rolleyes: Thanks!