i7-14700KF
Graphics
RX 6800 XT nitro+
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!! config seems working BUT: windows is way faster, sometimes during heavy load SETTINGS doesn't load anymore and I have to restart, cpu is not recognized and I can see 28 cores with no hyperthreading..

I am using a lot HANDBRAKE to convert some videos and in windows (same source video but in SATA drive not NVME) is WAYYY faster...almost double! around 200 fps against more than 400! I am using videoproc h265 and amd VCE h265.... NOOTRX because with WEG seems hotter and gpu fans never starts.

I would like to fix the cpu and finding where is the problem...somebody had a similar issue?

also I/O seems way faster and steadier in windows...more M/B per second and a regular and constant speed ...

could it be for the cpu spoofing?

could it be for the cpu spoofing?

Hi there.

Yes, that will depend on what you are spoofing to.

Also what version of macOS you are using.

Perhaps let us know and attach your EFI folder as a ZIP file so we can check it for you (remember to blank your serial-number first).

:)

.. and I can see 28 cores with no hyperthreading..

Your Raptor Lake has 8P + 12E cores.
Activating hyperthreading, the maximum number of cores is 28.
====================

Do what @UtterDisbelief asked you.
=====================

Try to disable the E-cores and test again ( now, you will have only 16 cores).
Just for testing, may be you can go further and disable HT ( 12E cores still disabled )
==========

Example :
For my i5-12500 CPU (non-K, zero E cores), I have this setting and no issues (there are no heavy tasks here ).

1711187031590.png

May be I will try some other spoofing values ( ex A0653 )
I found some info here :

1711187606572.png

Attachments

• 1711187531140.png
    1711187531140.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Hello!! config seems working BUT: windows is way faster, sometimes during heavy load SETTINGS doesn't load anymore and I have to restart, cpu is not recognized and I can see 28 cores with no hyperthreading..

I am using a lot HANDBRAKE to convert some videos and in windows (same source video but in SATA drive not NVME) is WAYYY faster...almost double! around 200 fps against more than 400! I am using videoproc h265 and amd VCE h265.... NOOTRX because with WEG seems hotter and gpu fans never starts.

I would like to fix the cpu and finding where is the problem...somebody had a similar issue?

also I/O seems way faster and steadier in windows...more M/B per second and a regular and constant speed ...
You really should upload your EFI for evaluation, remove the serial numbers, zip it, and upload here.

This is the efi I am tinkering with....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.9 MB · Views: 9
Run ocvalidate.

This is the efi I am tinkering with....
One thing I see right off the bat that should make a little difference is that you have CPUFriend with the corresponding CPUFriendDataProvider kexts as well as CpuTopologyRebuild.kext loading. You should only use one method or the other to define power management of your CPU, most users state they get better performance using CPUFriend. Disable CpuTopologyRebuild.kext, reboot and reset NVRAM and see if out helps.
You also have some odd entries in your config.plist that you created or you just inherited form whatever user you got this EFI from.
CpuTopologyRebuild.jpg

Config.jpg

I wasn't using topology but after I inserted it performance got a little better... and I see 20 cores with Hyper treading instead of 28cores.. can I try only it? instead of cpufriend?

I wasn't using topology but after I inserted it performance got a little better... and I see 20 cores with Hyper treading instead of 28cores.. can I try only it? instead of cpufriend?
Yes, sure. Disable both CPUfriend kexts. Some users also say they get better results using MacPro 1,1

Back