Contribute
Register

ASUS Z790 PRIME-A 14700KF and RX6800XT

I regret a bit making a computer so powerful and don't use it... I feel however that the performance of the 6800xt are very low in comparison to windows... too low. I was looking for nootrx which is a bit faster but...I haven't understand how to compile it...and new version for 14.4 are coming but no kext...
if you think you require that kext then to download it, you have to go to the workflow section, ie:

can't find it....however thanks for your precious help!

I wasn't logged...thanks! I installed this new version and now is worse then ever!!! sonoma 14.3.1

edit: nBody-Metal is worse but geekbench is better in metal and in openCL..... drastically worse than windows but... slightly better... I should try other benchmark.... :D

Last edited:
I should try other benchmark.... :D
A lot of people get very hung up in regards to geekbench scores

have you just tried using your machine as you normally would? what is the overall experience?

Usually I am not one of them but with the last nootrx I saw again a decrease of speed in encoding in videotool h265…almost 70fps ….
Maybe is optimazed for 14.4? I don’t see the upgrade available.::

well.... is this the end? is it already known when os 15 will be released?

Well…. You are Right… for usb I was a bit lazy but I honestly don’t see any differences… other than having some usb not working anymore… however thank you for your help…. But as soon as I will sell my last gaming pc…. I think I will buy a mini….

Last edited:
Back