Contribute
Register

ASUS Z790 PRIME-A 14700KF and RX6800XT

no joy...no improvement. same as with cpufriend...

no joy...no improvement. same as with cpufriend...
I haven't read one post that thought it was better that CPUFriend.. I see you also haven't undertaken mapping your USB ports. Instead you are using USBInjectAll.kext and have the XHCIPortLimit quirk turned on. Not recommended except to map your usb ports. I don't know that explains the performance issue you feel you have but if you want to configure your hack correctly I can't stress the importance of doing that enough.

I don’t think it is related but I was planning to do it. I honestly think that the problem is spoof-related.
Strange thing I noted is that if I repeat a benchmark the more I repeat it the more is worse…

Last edited:
I don’t think it is related but I was planning to do it. I honestly think that the problem is spoof-related.
Strange thing I noted is that if I repeat a benchmark the more I repeat it the more is worse…
When you say spoof related you are talking about the section of the config.plist Kernel/ Emulation? If so everyone running 11th generation CPUs and up has to use the same Comet Lake 10th gen spoofing. Apple Intel CPU support ended there. Yours is right and beyond CPUFriendDataProvider (also fine) that's about all you can tweak with the exception of your bios settings. I run CPU Default settings and am happy with the results for what I do.

Benchmarks in macOS are almost always lower than Windows and the results changing run to run also happens even in Windows. If you run Geekbench 6 in both OSes what are the CPU results comparatively?

I don't use handbrake but their home page details CPU usage and other settings you can adjust. Maybe you already have familiarity with what I'm talking about but maybe it's worth checking them out. The program also wants to use the iGPU which is a dead end for us after Comet Lake.

so otherwise the usb my efi is ok? I should try a linux session with the same tasks...just for curiosity! settings in handbrake are the same between the OSes...so in theory they should work more or less the same....but they don't...

so otherwise the usb my efi is ok? I should try a linux session with the same tasks...just for curiosity! settings in handbrake are the same between the OSes...so in theory they should work more or less the same....but they don't...
I think you still need to map your USB Ports

I did the usb mapping..same results as tought... with geekbench I loose 13 point in single core in win but I loose 4019 point in cpu in osx. and in opencl win is WAY faster ....154476 against 105322 of course I can't test metal or vulkan....

I did the usb mapping..same results as tought... with geekbench I loose 13 point in single core in win but I loose 4019 point in cpu in osx. and in opencl win is WAY faster ....154476 against 105322 of course I can't test metal or vulkan....
also it is a shame Apple doesn't use these CPU's and doesn't have any optimisation for them

I regret a bit making a computer so powerful and don't use it... I feel however that the performance of the 6800xt are very low in comparison to windows... too low. I was looking for nootrx which is a bit faster but...I haven't understand how to compile it...and new version for 14.4 are coming but no kext...

Back