Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello everyone, it's been a minute since i was active.

Have we resolved the front USB-C issue on the z690 and z790 boards at all?

Mine still goes into a spaz when it tries to sleep with a device connected to it, have to hard reset it and sometimes clear the CMOS in order to get it running again.

Thanks

Has anyone taken the plunge and had success with the new BIOS Version 2802 released 2023/10/06?

Just a heads up for anyone running the z790 ProArt board.
I've started a thread dedicated to BIOS updates and user experiences after updating.

There wasn't one prior and I felt it's best we separate it from the z690 version.
Anyone running the board feel free to contribute to it.

Thanks

Hi @CaseySJ,
Everything goes well in my ASUS Z690I after following your guide, the only thing left is I hope to connect my LG 5K(the old version 27md5ka). Just wondering if this bulid can connect the EGPU(sonnet RX5500XT). Hope you can clarify. Cheers.

Hi @CaseySJ,
Everything goes well in my ASUS Z690I after following your guide, the only thing left is I hope to connect my LG 5K(the old version 27md5ka). Just wondering if this bulid can connect the EGPU(sonnet RX5500XT). Hope you can clarify. Cheers.
Unfortunately the only way to connect an eGPU is with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge card. Asus Z690I has Maple Ridge, which has proved problematic for both hot plug and Thunderbolt Bus activation. The only exception is Big Sur, which magically enables Thunderbolt Bus on Asus Z690 and Z590 boards.

Unfortunately the only way to connect an eGPU is with a flashed GC-Titan Ridge card. Asus Z690I has Maple Ridge, which has proved problematic for both hot plug and Thunderbolt Bus activation. The only exception is Big Sur, which magically enables Thunderbolt Bus on Asus Z690 and Z590 boards.
Z790 boards, too. Even the new ones with nvm42.3 Thunderbolt bus is enabled in Big Sur.

guys, today my hackintosh stopped working so i restored the os from the backup that i have done. the only problem is that the disk don't show up in the picker, and i don't have a copy of the efi saved. any ideas?

guys, today my hackintosh stopped working so i restored the os from the backup that i have done. the only problem is that the disk don't show up in the picker, and i don't have a copy of the efi saved. any ideas?

Hi

Do you have a bootable USB installer memory stick?

:)

Hi

Do you have a bootable USB installer memory stick?

:)
yes I have one. I tried redoing the EFI but couldn't get it to work. basically when the efi is shown in the picker, I click it, the black screen appears and it goes back to the boot selection. I'll leave you here the config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.8 KB · Views: 20
Back