Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Hello @f1zzas

In many cases it’s not necessary to upgrade the BIOS. We have encountered problems with some of the newer versions coming out recently.

If you can downgrade back to 2603, it may be good to do that.

On the other hand, if you want to keep the new BIOS, try looking for:
  • Above 4G MMIO
  • Above 4G Decoding
If they exist, enable them. No guarantees, however…
On the Z790-CREATOR WiFi, I was only able to boot macOS with slide=0 starting with BIOS version 1402 (even though OC thinks 14 slides are usable). AirportItlwm and cxgb were also broken after boot.

So the Z790 works ? Anyone else use this board? My z690 is acting very weird (in windows) and may need to replace the board. I tried search but unfortunately seems to search all threads vs this thread. Any help would be appreciated. My fans sounds like a jet engine on booting. Already updated the cooler.. thanks

speaking about Sonoma updates....What is the really downside on disable SIP in order to get the WIFI working??? Anything special that we should be aware....TKS
Regarding SIP: (via Google search)

There are many other articles on the web about the pros and cons of SIP.

I even reinstalled my Fenvi T919 board to have airdrop, but for it to work you have to do OCPL. I did it, tested it and it works. But two things stopped working; Creative Cloud and DropBox. Someone had this problem. I don't really like the idea of OCPL, but I wanted to test it. Then I came across these two problems. Any idea ?

I even reinstalled my Fenvi T919 board to have airdrop, but for it to work you have to do OCPL. I did it, tested it and it works. But two things stopped working; Creative Cloud and DropBox. Someone had this problem. I don't really like the idea of OCPL, but I wanted to test it. Then I came across these two problems. Any idea ?
yes, there has been reports with dropbox etc not working due to SIP being disabled

I had problems with Firefox, which were fixed by doing this:
  • Installing AMFIPass.kext
  • Using boot argument -amfipassbeta instead of amfi=0x80
Have you already tried this?

This work ! Great.

@schwarzlicht,

The EFI provided in this build should work with the Z790 version of the board. Some BIOS settings will be different from Z690 so please search this thread for "Z790" to see several user comments and experiences.

Hello @CaseySJ It has worked well, but I found a problem with Carbom Copy, when the OCPL is active Carbon Copy cannot clone images. From what I could see the OCPL turns off part of the safety functions not all, and curiously, when I turn all the CC works and also when it turns all it works. It just doesn't work the way the OCPL leaves.

Back