Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

The SSD's - WD have moved on from the SN750 to the SN770
I would go with the WD SN850X. Has it's own Dram which the SN770 doesn't. It does make a difference. If you have an excess of system RAM though, the SN770 will perform nearly as well.

CPU: Intel "Alder Lake" Core i9-12900K 3.2 GHz 16-Core
Personally, I would go for a 13700k: less power consumption, arguably same performance (can be slightly better/worse depending on the bench), arguably better IMC... it's just better.

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black
Are you able to fit a Noctua NH-D15? DeepCool AK620 is a very fine choice, too

** Intel Bluetooth and Intel WiFi both Working in Ventura 13.5 **

The OpenIntelWireless drivers are working once again in Ventura. Please follow these guidelines:

Wi-Fi:
  • Download and install the latest 2.2.0 Stable version of AirportItlwm from here
  • For Ventura, set MinKernel to 22.0.0 and MaxKernel to 22.99.99
  • Wi-Fi 6 is not supported, unfortunately
  • I tested with Fenvi FV-AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 card (device ID 0x2723, vendor ID 0x8086)
Bluetooth:
  • Follow every step listed in @tonymacx86's post located here
  • The correct version of BlueToolFixup.kext is located in the post itself; simply download it from there
  • Be sure to add the two NVRAM entries as described in that post
  • After rebooting, Reset NVRAM (also mentioned in the post) by pressing SPACE at the OpenCore Boot Menu and selecting Reset NVRAM on the right side
On my Intel Bluetooth setup, I'm noticing a couple of issues after updating these kexts and patching the NVRAM entry.

1. I can't toggle BT off and on in Ventura 13.4 but it works fine in Monterrey.
2. My Logitech Pebble M350 connects and work fine in Monterrey but not Ventura. I wonder if this configuration doesn't worlk with BT LE devices in Ventura? I've got a BT speaker that seems to work in both OS'

Both OS are booting off the same EFI folder.

Anyone run into any similar issues or have any insight as to what could be going on in Ventura here?

Last edited:
I'm noticing a couple of issues after updating these kexts and patching the NVRAM entry.

1. I can't toggle BT off and on in Ventura 13.4 but it works fine in Monterrey.
Is there a Fenvi or other Broadcom WiFi/BT module installed as well? Or the Intel module is the only one?

2. My Logitech Pebble M350 connects and work fine in Monterrey but not Ventura. I wonder if this configuration doesn't worlk with BT LE devices in Ventura? I've got a BT speaker that seems to work in both OS'
Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the problematic devices?

Hello all. I have successfully installed thanks to @CaseySJ. I have Proart Z790 i9-13900K. Almost everything of the device works, accept Thunderbolt 3 dock. TB dock sometimes sometimes works sometimes does not (Cold or hot boot). BIOS v0816. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance to those who will help. Sorry for my bad English.

Is there a Fenvi or other Broadcom WiFi/BT module installed as well? Or the Intel module is the only one?
Just the Intel BT module is installed.

Have you tried un-pairing and re-pairing the problematic devices?

I can't seem to get the mouse to pair in Ventura at all so I can't un-pair or forget it in the BT settings.

I've attached screenshots of my config if it helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.00.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.00.24 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.00.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 2.00.32 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 31
Just the Intel BT module is installed.

I can't seem to get the mouse to pair in Ventura at all so I can't un-pair or forget it in the BT settings.

I've attached screenshots of my config if it helps.
Have you also tried resetting NVRAM from OpenCore boot picker (simply press spacebar to reveal the option)?

Have you also tried resetting NVRAM from OpenCore boot picker (simply press spacebar to reveal the option)?
Yeah I have done it every time I've changed the arrangement of those BT kexts in the config file. I just tried a fresh install of Ventura to no avail.

I've also tried my old Magic Trackpad in Ventura and it doesn't pair. It works fine in Monterrey though. This trackpad definitely is not a LE device so I don't think it's that.

Last edited:
My Logitech Lift doesn't pair in Ventura but pairs in Monterey

Hello all. I have successfully installed thanks to @CaseySJ. I have Proart Z790 i9-13900K. Almost everything of the device works, accept Thunderbolt 3 dock. TB dock sometimes sometimes works sometimes does not (Cold or hot boot). BIOS v0816. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance to those who will help. Sorry for my bad English.
Hello @gemini44,

What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt 3 dock?

Most Thunderbolt 3 docks should work when connected and powered before boot.

What are the Thunderbolt settings in BIOS? You can press F12 in BIOS to capture screenshot. It will be saved to EFI partition.

Back