Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

Probably the same problem as mine. I got the tip from @gandem:
Try changing the flow control under the network settings.
From full duplex, flow control, energy efficient Ethernet to full duplex, flow control.
That has helped me. After that it kept the network connection.
Already solved, the thing was that my config.plist was not taking the device-id correctly in the device properties, I just deleted it and put it back.
TY
@CaseySJ

After the update to MacOS 12.3.1 no more properties injection of the graphic card (NAVI cards) necessary. Everything works as before. Without fractals etc.

12.3.1 makes Big Navi great again, no need for frame-buffer injection. I also got back my 0 RPM fan mode...

HELP!!
I installed a new 6900 XT card and updated system to 12.3.1. I am running into GPU issues, everything is laggy. I open chrome to a white page. The dock is white in Color. I tried with and without property injection, no change. I have attached config.plist, please help

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
HELP!!
I installed a new 6900 XT card and updated system to 12.3.1. I am running into GPU issues, everything is laggy. I open chrome to a white page. The dock is white in Color. I tried with and without property injection, no change. Can someone please help
FYI if you need help there is an entire thread dedicated to this issue. As to suggestions you can try this fix mentioned here by maxxx > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-graphics-cards.319421/page-13#post-2312892

HELP!!
I installed a new 6900 XT card and updated system to 12.3.1. I am running into GPU issues, everything is laggy. I open chrome to a white page. The dock is white in Color. I tried with and without property injection, no change. I have attached config.plist, please help
What is the make and model of the 6900XT? Some of them require device ID spoofing.

What is the make and model of the 6900XT? Some of them require device ID spoofing.
Hi Casey, the gpu is an XFX Speedster Merc319 Radeon 6900 XT Black Edition. Thanks again Casey.

Hi Casey, the gpu is an XFX Speedster Merc319 Radeon 6900 XT Black Edition. Thanks again Casey.
Please run Hackintool and report the card's Device ID as shown below:

Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 4.39.34 AM.png

Hi Casey. there are some negative feedback about Asus z690 ProArt Creator on newegg. Like, Cons: There are some real issues with this board: - Most importantly, XMP does NOT work when using 4 DDR5 chips. It works with 2, but not 4. If you have 4 RAM sticks installed and turn XMP on, the board won't POST. This has been verified by some YouTube reviews as well. - It can be very slow to post after making BIOS changes. Still haven't figured out why, but it takes long enough that you think you made it unable to POST but then it ultimately does after a very long wait. - Drivers... ugh. I have installed Win11 and then installed the associated drivers multiple different ways, and each way results in unknown PCI and SMB Bus showing up as unsupported in Device Manager. I've tried everything to resolve this, and nothing has fixed it. I have no idea what components are missing drivers - but I've installed every driver from Asus' website as well as Intel's Driver Update and nothing fixes this. VERY annoying.
or:
Bad luck purchase..! As with encountering, Dead RAM Slots, Audio Out Issues, (Asus Drivers?) Shoddy Construction (Be Extra Gentle with GPU Card Release Button, Very Fragile

Can they be true? Did you experience similar issues in your build?​

Back