Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

@RetroRocker I don't know about the Saffire and how well a firewire would work, but i use a Scarlett 2i2 USB (+DBX286s) and it works perfectl. For the case, yours doesn't have a USBc header, so maybe you can benefit by tweaking the USB mapping, and gain some ports on the back. Otherwise, I can recommend the Fractal Design Torrent for air cooling. Nice, breathy and still very quiet.

** Intel Bluetooth and Intel WiFi both Working in Ventura 13.5 **

The OpenIntelWireless drivers are working once again in Ventura. Please follow these guidelines:

Wi-Fi:
  • Download and install the latest 2.2.0 Stable version of AirportItlwm from here
  • For Ventura, set MinKernel to 22.0.0 and MaxKernel to 22.99.99
  • Wi-Fi 6 is not supported, unfortunately
  • I tested with Fenvi FV-AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 card (device ID 0x2723, vendor ID 0x8086)
Bluetooth:
  • Follow every step listed in @tonymacx86's post located here
  • The correct version of BlueToolFixup.kext is located in the post itself; simply download it from there
  • Be sure to add the two NVRAM entries as described in that post
  • After rebooting, Reset NVRAM (also mentioned in the post) by pressing SPACE at the OpenCore Boot Menu and selecting Reset NVRAM on the right side
Updated my z690-AERO-G-DDR4. Handoff also works.

Updated my z690-AERO-G-DDR4. Handoff also works.
Thank you for the reminder, beelzebozo. I have tried it, but it didn't work. It's possible that I made a mistake somewhere. I will give it another try tomorrow when I'm working.

Thank you for the reminder, beelzebozo. I have tried it, but it didn't work. It's possible that I made a mistake somewhere. I will give it another try tomorrow when I'm working.
I'm using the onboard BT/WIFI Intel chips. It already worked before the new kexts.

Guys just wanted to give you a heads up might not be for Z690 but on Z790 with the latest BIOS looks like Asus did something that causes the system to lockup, constant kernel panics, constant finder crushes, went back to version lower and its all smooth sailing (except sleep). Just wanted to warn you to be careful.
Have you tried Version 0904 yet?
My board came with 8016 out of the box, and I haven't even been able to get to the installer screen.
Downgrading to version 0814 now to see if it works. Was really hoping I could make use of high-capacity RAM :/

I can recommend the Fractal Design Torrent for air cooling. Nice, breathy and still very quiet.
I was considering the Fractal Torrent case but decided to go with an aio cooler and ended up getting a Llian Li Lancool 216 (w/o RGB). At the time it was $99. Great case for the money. The large 160mm fans in the front are quite odd, but very effective. I like to keep them under 60-65% to keep noise down. I found with most fans 60-65% is a good speed.

The removable top panel is a nice design too. Maybe not as helpful with air, but with a radiator it is super helpful.

I've followed your guides for quite a while, and have been using the z390 Designaire build for myself and two friends, such great work you have done!

I want to build a new system, and was wondering what MB you recommend? The z690 MBs seem hard to get and are pretty pricey, so are the z790 MBs close enough to the z690s you have guides for? I've been a Hackintosher for many years, so know my around quite a bit, but I thought I would ask you before pulling the trigger on a particular MB.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

I've followed your guides for quite a while, and have been using the z390 Designaire build for myself and two friends, such great work you have done!

I want to build a new system, and was wondering what MB you recommend? The z690 MBs seem hard to get and are pretty pricey, so are the z790 MBs close enough to the z690s you have guides for? I've been a Hackintosher for many years, so know my around quite a bit, but I thought I would ask you before pulling the trigger on a particular MB.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.
Several folks in this thread have built a Hackintosh based on Asus ProArt Z790 Creator, so that is definitely a viable option. Just be cautious about BIOS version -- the last few pages in this thread can help, or feel free to ask specific questions.

I think the EFI for Asus ProArt Z690 can be used with the Z790...

The other day I had some problems with Intel Bluetooth in Venture 13.4, and it made me order the out of the box supported Fenvi card. Now Intel Bluetooth is working again, and I heard that support of this Fenvi BCM94360NG Wifi Bluetooth card is dropped in macOS Sonoma.
Life is full of ironies!

Is this correct and if so can this be solved with a coming version of the OpenCore Legacy Patcher or is this kind of solution not possible on the Hackintosh platform?
This is a good question. I think many of us are watching and waiting to see if OCLP can come to the rescue...

I heard that support of this Fenvi BCM94360NG Wifi Bluetooth card is dropped in macOS Sonoma.
This is correct. The 2018 and newer Macs use Wifi/BT chips that are soldered on the logic board.

The company Apple started using then was Murata from Japan. They've also used USI for BT/Wifi chips
in more recent MacBook Pros. USI has supplied Apple with BT/Wifi chips for the iPhone.

Don't know of any way we could use those in our hacks. Intel looks to be the best Option for Sonoma. Or you could call it "So no Broadcom."

Last edited:
Back