Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

That's interesting. What System Product Name do you use on your Z690 systems? Do you use: [..]
I am on MacPro7,1.

Maybe you remember you assisted me back in the thread Z690 Chipset and Alder Lake CPUs where I had issues with a Gigabyte Gaming X DDR4. In this post, I mentioned a couple of things I discovered.
  • Yes, I confirm that with SMBIOS MacPro7,1 Sidecar works with a 2018 MBP both targeting it as external display and being targeted
  • Using this cable extension, it is possible to extend TB340Gbps active cables from 2m to 2.8m. When I found it out I was so excited haha because 1) the consensus was that TB3 cables could not be extended 2) it allowed me to place computer further away from my LG 5k. Please note the followings
    • I tested it with LG 5k (Alpine Ridge) = it works
    • I tested it with Caldigit TS3+ (Titan Ridge) = it works
    • I tested it with a TB4 40Gbps (non) certified cable, this one = does not work
...calling out a couple of people who might be interested in it: @etc @joevt @etorix @dehjomz

Hi Guys, maybe a stupid question, but is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_9185.png
    IMG_9185.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 64
Hi Guys, maybe a stupid question, but is this normal?

6.8MB for a simple black and white image?

No.

Please consider reducing the size of image uploads.

Thank you. :thumbup:

6.8MB for a simple black and white image?

No.

Please consider reducing the size of image uploads.

Thank you. :thumbup:
just used a online tool to convert from HEIC to PNG ahahah, sorry anyway

Hello,
Since the update to macOS Ventura (13.0.1), Skype no longer gives me a picture of the caller. Sound is transmitted optimally. My picture and sound are also transmitted well.
Anyone having the same problem or a tip on how to fix the problem?

Hello,
Since the update to macOS Ventura (13.0.1), Skype no longer gives me a picture of the caller. Sound is transmitted optimally. My picture and sound are also transmitted well.
Anyone having the same problem or a tip on how to fix the problem?

Hi there.

Sounds like you know exactly what you are doing, but a quick check with Microsoft threw-up this thread:

Microsoft Skype on Ventura - Camera not working.

Possibly not your problem, but worth mentioning.

:)

Hi there.

Sounds like you know exactly what you are doing, but a quick check with Microsoft threw-up this thread:

Microsoft Skype on Ventura - Camera not working.

Possibly not your problem, but worth mentioning.

:)
Thanks, but it seems more like a memory problem to me. Because as soon as I hang up, the call is not immediately ended. It then takes about 30 seconds, sometimes longer until the call is terminated. Very strange.

Back