Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tested PRpro with 10.9 - MPE seems to work with cuda in PP CC and CS6... i cant do a comparison between 10.8 and 10.9 though...

Are there any tradeoffs in comparison to 10.8 or is it worth it updating once the CUDA driver from nvidia gets released?

Thanks!
Got Pr error message that project was last opened w cuda and now cuda is not available so switched to CL. I'd wait for 10.9.1. Comparable geekbench between 10.8 & 10.9. My main install will stay 10.8.5 till app developers catch up. It's been long standing practice that post pros wait for .1 or .2 OS releases before updating. Just running a 10.9 install for testing.

did you do the cuda hack after installing mavericks? that could be one reason...

did you do the cuda hack after installing mavericks? that could be one reason...
Updating the OS doesn't replace the CUDA supported cards text. Only updating the app can do that because it's located inside the app.

EDIT: Not sure how or why but CUDA is now working for me???????????????? Must have been FakeSMC update.

happy to hear that! please report back when you find out why it didn't work!

The newest versions of hnak's AppleIntelE1000e kext are buggy and don't work well with our system. I use 2.2.14 and you can try 2.4.14 too. No it doesn't sound like a DSDT problem.

I tried with a new network card which is plug in play with Apple, im still having the same issues. Any ideas ???

I tried with a new network card which is plug in play with Apple, im still having the same issues. Any ideas ???
Did you try an older version of the kext?

happy to hear that! please report back when you find out why it didn't work!
Not something I plan on spending time on figuring out but my best guess is fakeSMC update to 5.3.901 (I think that's the version but it was the latest release on kozleks github). Only other thing it could have been was the update for after effects downloaded from adobe or possibly the fact that I had to re license everything after 10.9 but the licenses were done before the problem was fixed.

Attachments

• hnakAppleIntelE1000e.2.4.14kext.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back