Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I have followed your spec in 2012 (if i am not mistaken) to build my own hackintosh and the beast is still running well today. Just wanna know if there is a quick way to update my OS from 10.8.3 to the latest Mavericks without reformatting the entire thing.. (coz thats what i did previously to upgrade to 10.8.3) haha..

Thanks!

Warmest Regards,
Collymore

Motherboard
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011
CPU
Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E 3.2GHz
Graphics
XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
Intel Core i7-3930k
Graphics
GV-R795WF3-3GD
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi thanks for your guide.

I have almost the same specs as yours.

System:Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU:Core i7-3930k
Graphics:Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950

i prepared UniBeast 4.0.2 with Mavericks 10.9.5

I have followed your guide but i couldn't get chimera to boot until i installed clover into USB Mac install then i can get it boot up and able to installed Macintosh but after finish i tried to use MutilBeast 6.0.5 and used your MultiBeast configuration to install bootloader and kexts but again i still unable to get chimera bootloader to work.

BIOS setting - Secure Boot Menu - OS type i have to set to Other OS or i can use Windows UEFI but in Key Management i have to clear boot key management in order to get clover bootloader work.

Sorry for my bad English. Again can you help me with my situation thanks a lot for your help.

Motherboard
Hack Pro 4,2 Ghz - Mavericks 10.10.2
CPU
i7 3930k on Rampage IV Extreme
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
the countdown is on... yosemite anyone?

Motherboard
Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7 4930K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 770
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
the countdown is on... yosemite anyone?
I got it working on my Sabertooth X79 (which I've set up with Rampage guides in the past).

-v cpus=1 npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

It froze with an "X" icon when loading the installer initially, but I unplugged all USB accessories, then switched off my ethernet/onboard audio/Intel Virtualization Technology in the bios. I'm sure some of my steps and/or commands could have been skipped, but I did all of that just to be safe.

Everything runs super smooth. Yosemite looks very colorful and "consumerish" but it's nice to work with a true visual overhaul after all these years.

Motherboard
Hack Pro 4,2 Ghz - Mavericks 10.10.2
CPU
i7 3930k on Rampage IV Extreme
Graphics
GTX 770 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
i got it working as well, but reverted back to my old install as imessage didn't seem to work, and switching to clover wasn't as easy as i thought... will maybe give it another try soon

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Bios 4901
CPU
Graphics
EVGA Classified GTX 680 4GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got everything working but Bluetooth and USB. Yosemite 10.10.1. / Nvidia Geforce.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Got everything working in Yosemite! However my OC settings arent coming through. Any thoughts?

shilohh

Motherboard
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
CPU
4930K @ 4.4GHz
Graphics
PNY GTX 980 + EVGA Titan X
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Got everything working in Yosemite! However my OC settings arent coming through. Any thoughts?
What bios are you on? Try 4206 if you're not already using it and make sure your bios settings are correct. BIOSs after 4206 require a functioning AICPUPM kext to enable turbo in OS X so you can try my speedstep guide if you want to go deeper.