Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that had to disable vt-D in the bios, is there a way to re enable it?

My virtual machine will not start in Fusion because I had to disable it to get my machine to boot into OSX.

I saw a post that suggested to use Multibeast to install 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, but suggested it was for Gigabyte boards.

Any other workarounds?

For anyone that had to disable vt-D in the bios, is there a way to re enable it?

My virtual machine will not start in Fusion because I had to disable it to get my machine to boot into OSX.

I saw a post that suggested to use Multibeast to install 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, but suggested it was for Gigabyte boards.

Any other workarounds?
I'd try creating a new virtual machine while vt-d is disabled so that the virtual OS installs properly using emulation instead of direct connection to the pci bus. I think vt-d is just direct access to the pci bus (IO devices) and emulation shouldn't noticeably slow anything down EDIT: unless you're gaming, video editing or running a raid in your vm. Sometimes an os will install differently based on the hardware it sees and disabling vtd may make the VM show with different hardware. Once you have a bootable vm you can connect the old virtual hd to it and migrate the data.

Are you saying that you're getting 2 states with iMac13,2 and CPUPM/AGPM? If so, are you getting 2 states with an OC?
Got 12 and 42 working.

BIOS 4206:

ai over clock = manual (if you need xmp for mem, enter the freq and timings from the manufacturer manually)

speed step = disabled

c1e = enabled

cpu ratio = 42

all the rest of MK's OC voltages set a according to his guide.

PR SSDT with or without makes no difference.

Got 12 and 42 working.

BIOS 4206:

ai over clock = manual (if you need xmp for mem, enter the freq and timings from the manufacturer manually)

speed step = disabled

c1e = enabled

cpu ratio = 42

all the rest of MK's OC voltages set a according to his guide.

PR SSDT with or without makes no difference.

Good deal. Is this with AICPM.kext and without NullCPU? I currently have my system OC'd (getting 40x and 12x) on bios 4206, but I must use either NullCPU or delete AICPM. It could be XMP that's messing things up for me. I'll try it without like you've posted. My speedstep is off, CPU multiplier manually set, and C1E enabled.

Regarding OC voltage, I alter my CPU voltage a bit differently by using the offset options and giving it negative voltage amount. So for my system at 40x I set offset to "-" and .110. To achieve 42x I'd need to allow a little more voltage so .100 or .090 with a negative offset.

Regarding OC voltage, I alter my CPU voltage a bit differently by using the offset options and giving it negative voltage amount. So for my system at 40x I set offset to "-" and .110. To achieve 42x I'd need to allow a little more voltage so .100 or .090 with a negative offset.
I started using offset mode for VCORE and VCCSA to. No point in having the cpu clock down if the voltages and temps don't follow. My cores are currently Idling at 35c down from 42c. They max out at around 70c after hours of full load at 4.5ghz (1.288 - 1.3 vcore) and at idle I drop to 1.2ghz (0.864 vcore).

Attachments

• 45x.png
    45x.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 175
Hey guys,

So my ASUS RIVE, GeForce 760 and i7-3970X arrived today! Super nervous about digging into this new build so I am taking as many precautions as possible. I have backed up everything with TimeMachine and I am going to be moving my entire current working system into an older case so I will still have access to the web during this new build. I will also be installing a new SSD on this build so that everything will be a clean install.

So before I get my hands dirty here, and/or make a mistake, can anyone confirm for me that these steps and info are correct:

1. Upgrade the BIOS to 4206
2. Use default settings in BIOS (I do not want to mess with overclocking for now)
3. Run Unibeast 3.0.1 and install Mavericks
4. Run Multibeast with the following options:

MultiBeast Configuration - 2013-11-08 09:31:25 -----------------------------------------------------------------
Quick Start > DSDT Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > ALC898 Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT > HDAEnabler Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.0 TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal by Zenith432
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > 1080p Display Mode
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 5,1
Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7
Customize > Themes > Chameleon 2.2 Default
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

@geminii
patched AICPUPM won't do anything for you. You will probably need npci=0x2000 , PCIRootUID=0 and GraphicsEnabler=No to boot. You might also need cpus=1 and if you do, you'll want to install VoodooTSCSync.kext to sync your CPU so you can get full performance and stop using cpus=1. You'll need to add npci=0x2000 and other needed flags to org.chameleon to make them permanent at every boot.

If you want limited speedstep, set BIOS:
turbo enabled
speedstep disabled
c1e enabled
ai overclock manual (if your ram needs xmp, set the voltages and timings manually and try to set vccsa lower than 1.2 [i can use less than 1 even thought my ram manufacturer recommends 1.25 which is higher than you should go if you don't want to degrade your CPU. Use memtest to make sure you don't get errors]).

also I'd recommend following my MacIASL DSDT guide for audio and to avoid irq conflicts.

Hi Shilohh,

Thanks for the reply!

So I was looking through Multibeast and can't see where to add some of those switches you mentioned such as cpus=1 and npci=0x2000 to make them permanent.

Do I need speedstep if I do not want to overclock yet?

As for my memory, I am using Corsair Vengeance PC3-12800 (1600MHz). I believe it is 1.5v and 9-9-9-24 timing. So not sure what settings I should change or whether it requires XMP.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back