Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything after BIOS 4206 breaks multiplier over clocks in OS X maybe win too but haven't tested. 4206 has been stable and eliminates the need for CPUs=1/voodootscsync.

Also the genericxhci kext that replaced the caldigit usb3 kexts in multibeast is extremely buggy and I don't recommend using it. I still use the caldigits. I even removed the generic from unibeast because it was causing ehci errors that caused the install to take almost twice as long.

when you have updated or installed over the top of a working install, the only option from mutibeast you need is audio. The newest chimera has some changes IE PCIRootUID=1 is default where 0 used to be. If you did not add PCIRootUID=0 to org.chameleon.boot.plist, you had 0 by default and no problems but with the newest chimera it is switched to 1 so you have to add 0 to org.cham

Thanks for the reply.

I did a fresh install and all is working 100%, except for CPU and GPU PM.
Please do let me know if you get the CPU or GPU PM management working.

Is anybody experiencing high fan loads when running google chrome in 10.9?
I start google chrome, after 30-45 seconds my CPU fan starts going mad.. I close chrome and all is back to normal.

First off love the build guys

second off, sorry for a lack if punctuation and bad spelling. I'm on my phone because I can't even seem to boot into safe mode.

when I boot into verbose it says
missing Bluetooth controller transport

rive
gtx 670
i7 3970x

i know my specs aren't exact but your bios settings and boot flags have worked for me in the past

cheers

First off love the build guys

second off, sorry for a lack if punctuation and bad spelling. I'm on my phone because I can't even seem to boot into safe mode.

when I boot into verbose it says
missing Bluetooth controller transport

rive
gtx 670
i7 3970x

i know my specs aren't exact but your bios settings and boot flags have worked for me in the past

cheers
Are you booting into a new unibeast installer or trying to boot a new 10.9 install?

Also I doubt it's actually BT it's hanging on, try waiting 2-5 min after it stops to see if anything else pops up. I've had it hang at BT when it was something else.

I cant consider using 10.9 for anything more than testing until we get a CUDA update from nvidia. Also I don't think we're actually getting proper CPUPM till we get some proper Mac Pro 6,1 smbios info to use.

I was able to get speedstep running by removing AICPM and adding my generated SSDT. Not ideal, but works for now. Still on bios 4206 though since the only way I can seem to OC in 10.9 is to use BCLK which I'm not fond of.
How many PStates does msrdumper report? What are your bios speedstep and turboboost settings?

UPDATE: t I fixed the "bluetooth" problem. Trial and error. Can't even remember but it was some "duh" boot flag so after I did find it out it was easy.

Now the only problem remaining is cpus=1, which is quite the burden on a $900 CPU if I may add. DO you guys have the fix or should I find help from someone with my same CPU, the 3970x?

On a more positive and productive note, I played around with 10.9 quite a bit before I found out the driver support was very limited, and I must say it is beautiful. I really appreciate what Apple has done with support for Multiple Monitors especially.

UPDATE: t I fixed the "bluetooth" problem. Trial and error. Can't even remember but it was some "duh" boot flag so after I did find it out it was easy.
Now the only problem remaining is cpus=1, which is quite the burden on a $900 CPU if I may add. DO you guys have the fix or should I find help from someone with my same CPU, the 3970x?
On a more positive and productive note, I played around with 10.9 quite a bit before I found out the driver support was very limited, and I must say it is beautiful. I really appreciate what Apple has done with support for Multiple Monitors especially.
Try a properly edited VoodooTSCSync.kext. We (3930k) stopped needing it after bios 38xx or something but I assume you updated ur bios already. While it's a nice OS I'm waiting for .1 or .2 before I start to really use it. For now it's just experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back