Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's going to be the first to jump to Maverick ?
I'm giving it a go later tonight. Users on other forums have reported full CPUPM OOB since GM.
EDIT: Got tied up with some work so its gonna be a day or 2 till I get to it.

Please report back with your findings!

I'm giving it a go later tonight. Users on other forums have reported full CPUPM OOB since GM

Cpu Power Management? Really? Waiting for your results shilohh =)

Installed 10.9. Current boot flags applie. Deleted NullCPUPowerManagement from SLE :)
No speed step yet but workin on it.

Did you use the latest multibeast? If yes, what options did you choose?
If I use the latest multibeast it wont boot for me anymore, but thats prob because I installed the wrong kext/options.

It installs fine, no hiccups, then I boot for the first time with the flags. No hiccups.
Then I chose the same options as with previous multibeast, reboot, chose my disk and I just get a black screen

Verbose mode shows it stops after bluetooth controller and intel lan

Not sure what I am doing wrong :problem:

Edit:
Re-Installed 10.9
Used ML Mulitibeast to install GraphicsEnabler=No, Sandy Bridge Core I7 SSDT, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement
Then used Multibeast 6 to install the rest.

I did not install sound or Lan, as its worked out of the box.

CPU is not stepping down, nor is the gnu. But my temps are fine and it runs as it ran on ML. Am happy, for now :D

But please do let us know if you found a way to use the PM for cpu and gpu :thumbup:

Gpu pm is broken so far. If you have a screen plugged in, the gpu never clocks down. If you have a second gpu w no screen plugged to it, that gpu start up at full clock speed then clocks down as it should.

My install is buggy so I'm gonna try a clean install tonight.

Did you use the latest multibeast? If yes, what options did you choose?
If I use the latest multibeast it wont boot for me anymore, but thats prob because I installed the wrong kext/options.
It installs fine, no hiccups, then I boot for the first time with the flags. No hiccups.
Then I chose the same options as with previous multibeast, reboot, chose my disk and I just get a black screen
Verbose mode shows it stops after bluetooth controller and intel lan
Not sure what I am doing wrong :problem:
when you have updated or installed over the top of a working install, the only option from mutibeast you need is audio. The newest chimera has some changes IE PCIRootUID=1 is default where 0 used to be. If you did not add PCIRootUID=0 to org.chameleon.boot.plist, you had 0 by default and no problems but with the newest chimera it is switched to 1 so you have to add 0 to org.cham

I upgrade thru software update using UniBeast, apply Multibeast settings following the settings Tony post. I also remove NullCPUPowerManagement from SLE. So far I haven't found any big issue, well After Effect didn't run but Adobe fix that problem already. I'm very happy with my new work flow!! :) I use a cintiq 21ux and now I have a menu in my 3 display!! No more playing with the bar in display > arrangement to move my menus when I have to draw in Psd with Cintiq and make color correction in other monitor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 3.47.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-25 at 3.47.25 PM.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 164
I upgrade thru software update using UniBeast, apply Multibeast settings following the settings Tony post. I also remove NullCPUPowerManagement from SLE. So far I haven't found any big issue, well After Effect didn't run but Adobe fix that problem already. I'm very happy with my new work flow!! :) I use a cintiq 21ux and now I have a menu in my 3 display!! No more playing with the bar in display > arrangement to move my menus when I have to draw in Psd with Cintiq and make color correction in other monitor.
Are you overclocked? Which bios are you running and if 4403, how did you employ your OC? I've had lots of problems OC'ing with bios above 4206.

Installed 10.9. Current boot flags applie. Deleted NullCPUPowerManagement from SLE :)
No speed step yet but workin on it.

I was able to get speedstep running by removing AICPM and adding my generated SSDT. Not ideal, but works for now. Still on bios 4206 though since the only way I can seem to OC in 10.9 is to use BCLK which I'm not fond of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back