Contribute
Register

Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Core i7-3930K (Successful)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried rolling back in multibeast with no luck. All the earlier versions seem to disable functionality.

Its interesting to note that the normal internet traffic runs fine however when transferring files, syncing itunes, or playing back movies between the server and the computer the ethernet port seems to shut down. Ive tested my macbook doing the same tasks and it works fine.

Maybe a purchase of a ethernet adapter will fix the issue?

Seeing more issues today. I followed the OP to a tee, but left GraphicsEnabler = Yes as indicated in my previous posts. For the past few days, I've noticed that at certain times, audio gets distorted. When running multibeast, I chose the ALC898 without DSDT. I almost never turn my computer off. Increasing or decreasing the volume does not fix the distortion. Anyone else run into this/have any ideas?

Edit: It does come and go which is odd. For example, if I listen to a song and notice distortion beginning, I'll pause it for a few minutes and then start it up again. By this time, the distortion is usually gone. Or if I just let the song play through the distortion, it will eventually go away. It is not a particular song or source. This can happen while I use Youtube in Chrome or watch movies in VLC.

Seeing more issues today. I followed the OP to a tee, but left GraphicsEnabler = Yes as indicated in my previous posts. For the past few days, I've noticed that at certain times, audio gets distorted. When running multibeast, I chose the ALC898 without DSDT. I almost never turn my computer off. Increasing or decreasing the volume does not fix the distortion. Anyone else run into this/have any ideas?

Edit: It does come and go which is odd. For example, if I listen to a song and notice distortion beginning, I'll pause it for a few minutes and then start it up again. By this time, the distortion is usually gone. Or if I just let the song play through the distortion, it will eventually go away. It is not a particular song or source. This can happen while I use Youtube in Chrome or watch movies in VLC.
I have seen that people are having issues like this while playing flash videos or while chrome is open in the background but I haven't experienced it myself. I went back to using the interim ivybridge kext that we all used up till 10.8.5 because it sounds cleaner to me. It always worked flawlessly but requires a dsdt edit. You can follow my dsdt guide if you want to try it.

First of all, a very big thank you for this guide. Installed 10.8.5 in no go onto my rig.
I am having one issue though, if it even is an issue.

1. Scrolling does not seem as smooth. Also animations seem a little sluggish.
2. I have the exact same specs as the OP, except, I have a MSI 680 Lightning Edition.
3. Do I use GraphicEnable=no or yes, or none? It does feel like the gpu is lacking some power.

Thanks chaps :)

1. Scrolling does not seem as smooth. Also animations seem a little sluggish.
2. I have the exact same specs as the OP, except, I have a MSI 680 Lightning Edition.
3. Do I use GraphicEnable=no or yes, or none? It does feel like the gpu is lacking some power.
Try running Luxmark to see if your scores campare to other user's.

When GraphicsEnabler is not added to or erased from org.chameleon.boot.plist, it's the same as changing it to No.

Everyone I've talked to with a 6xx card says they need "No".

Try running Luxmark to see if your scores campare to other user's.

When GraphicsEnabler is not added to or erased from org.chameleon.boot.plist, it's the same as changing it to No.

Everyone I've talked to with a 6xx card says they need "No".

Thanks. Will give Luxmark a go.

ARe there any of you that upgraded to 10.9?

Edit: Getting a error when running luxmark
Code:
2013-10-19 11:02:09 - [COLOR=#000000][LuxRays][/COLOR] Allocating intersection device 0: GeForce GTX 680 (Type = OPENCL_GPU)
[COLOR=#FF0000]2013-10-19 11:02:09 - OpenCL ERROR: clCreateCommandQueue(-30)[/COLOR]

Thanks. Will give Luxmark a go.

ARe there any of you that upgraded to 10.9?

Edit: Getting a error when running luxmark
2013-10-19 11:02:09 - [LuxRays] Allocating intersection device 0: GeForce GTX 680 (Type = OPENCL_GPU)
2013-10-19 11:02:09 - OpenCL ERROR: clCreateCommandQueue(-30)]
Sounds like OpenCL and QE/CI aren't working. You can try the netkas OpenCL patch but that hasn't been needed since lion. Not sure why your card is exhibiting this behavior. It could be that you applied one of the CL patches in multibeast and that actually broke CL or it could be that you need to apply it to get CL to work with your MSI. 680 should work perfect OOB with GE=No and without patches in ML. You should clone your boot drive before trying any of the CL patches because you could wind up unable to boot by applying them. If you already applied a CL patching in multibeast that broke CL, you may need to do a clean install.
EDIT: I guess some people do still need the OpenCL fix in multibeast (Netkas fix) for 6xx cards.

@ p4trickk
DSDTs change based your PCI hardware and BIOS. Sometimes someone else's will work and sometimes it must be extracted from your own system. RamDev's is very good plus it has allot of cosmetic stuff that I don't add to mine but his still wont work for allot of people. If you ever have the desire to edit your own, see my guide.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/9233...eme-x79-guide-extract-edit-your-own-dsdt.html

Thanks shilohh, I have a problem again, when I transfer files into a server which is mounted, it crashes, I loose my ethernet connection, I cannot ping no one and I gotta restart then it works a little while and then it crashes again, could it be my DSDT file ???

Thanks shilohh, I have a problem again, when I transfer files into a server which is mounted, it crashes, I loose my ethernet connection, I cannot ping no one and I gotta restart then it works a little while and then it crashes again, could it be my DSDT file ???
The newest versions of hnak's AppleIntelE1000e kext are buggy and don't work well with our system. I use 2.2.14 and you can try 2.4.14 too. No it doesn't sound like a DSDT problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back