Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but you do have a port-limit removal patch in place for Catalina.

This made me wonder which version of Moave you are running. Because after 10.14.6 come the Mojave Security Updates which also change the system build and require new patches ...

:)

Yes sorry you are right ...

Yes sorry you are right ...

Hey, no need for 'sorry', just making an observation that might be relevant :thumbup:

I was looking through the other correspondents set-up to see what the problem might be, that's all.

Thanks. Unfortunately it's not working for me. Only one USB 3.1 port & all of the usb 2.0 is working using that kext. I'm on 10.14.5.

Here is my EFI Folder.
View attachment 442548
View attachment 442549

Clover:
All ACPI patches are enabled:
View attachment 442552

View attachment 442551

Any idea?

Hi there.

@Loloflatsix seems to have the very same motherboard as you do, so the port-layout should be the same.

You then have to ask what is it that is preventing your ports from working as expected?

Which System Defintion are you using? The ASUS kext is expecting iMacPro1,1

As a suggestion, if you can't get any further, why not just use Hackintool to produce a USBPorts.kext for your set up? It will work just like the ASUS-X299-XHCI.kext does but will be immediately visible and configurable within the app.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas/Hanukah holiday! I'm back and am fiddling around with my Hackintosh Pro setup. Confession time: finally figured out that my random lockups/freezes were to due to CPU overheating. I finally found a CPU monitoring app that's working for me (iStat, if curious). It showed 100+ C temps every time it locked up. It wasn't doing that because I apparently forgot to change the BIOS settings to "sync all cores". Now that it's on "by core usage" or something like that, it doesn't freeze. Oops! Sorry for wasting everyone's time! :oops:

Guess, i'll finally get around to delidding this thing and adding a custom EKWB water loop.

Also, I followed this guide to disable my NVidia GPU's:

I used option 2. What do people think of this guide?

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas/Hanukah holiday! I'm back and am fiddling around with my Hackintosh Pro setup. Confession time: finally figured out that my random lockups/freezes were to due to CPU overheating. I finally found a CPU monitoring app that's working for me (istat, if curious). It showed 100+ C temps everytime it locked up. It wasn't doing that because I apparently forgot to change the BIOS settings to "sync all cores". Now that it's on "by core usage" or something like that, it doesn't freeze. Oops! Sorry for wasting everyone's time! :oops:

Guess, i'll finally get around to delidding this thing and adding a custom EKWB water loop.

Also, I followed this guide to disable my NVidia GPU's:

I used option 2. What do people think of this guide?

Happy to hear you got it fixed.

The guide is intriguing, and apparently, it worked for you, so kudos for finding it.......

BTW, I'm assuming you're still running Mojave (on the Mac side), and my suggestion is that if you want to move to Catalina, it might be best to wait for 10.15.3. 10.15.0 was really rough and 10.15.1, while it was better, still needed improvement. I'm on the beta of 10.15.3 and it seems really good (so far).

Happy to hear you got it fixed.

The guide is intriguing, and apparently, it worked for you, so kudos for finding it.......

BTW, I'm assuming you're still running Mojave (on the Mac side), and my suggestion is that if you want to move to Catalina, it might be best to wait for 10.15.3. 10.15.0 was really rough and 10.15.1, while it was better, still needed improvement. I'm on the beta of 10.15.3 and it seems really good (so far).

Thanks. I'm not sure how disabled the NVidia GPU's are, as the cards still show up as a device in the system report. Either that, or I made a mistake somewhere (not sure how; it was pretty straightforward). Another possibility is that the guide is somewhat out of date with regard to the newest versions of Clover.

I'd like to upgrade to Catalina at some point, since Apple will eventually deprecate (either officially or unofficially) Mojave. For the life of me, I just could not install the latest security update for High Sierra on my genuine MBP and it would get stuck in a restart/upgrade loop! Seems like Apple wasn't devoting appropriate resources, despite sitting on billions and billions of dollars of liquid cash. :rolleyes:

And now, Asus has released a Sage II (no Sage II/10G yet, just the upgraded Sage). I wonder what they changed, because I looked at it and didn't see much difference. Maybe better support for the Intel 10000 series processors? For me, the processor I have is going to be my last Intel processor for a long time. But whatever, I won't be lining up to purchase the Sage II motherboard......

I like Catalina, but for many reasons, it can be a problem. Not the least of which is no more 32 bit apps....as I mentioned I don't use it full time, as my secondary disk is Mojave, and I boot into that whenever I need something for production.

As for nVidia cards, and other struggles with your system, as long as whatever you've done assures that your system is stable, well, that's all that counts, right?

Limited Edition gold Radeon VII
(50th AMD anniversary)

View attachment 402784
I just picked up a new AMD Radeon VII Gold Anniversary Edition for $500 yesterday! Was there anything besides the EF 106 bios that is needed ( the card already had it ) to get it working?

I just picked up a new AMD Radeon VII Gold Anniversary Edition for $500 yesterday! Was there anything besides the EF 106 bios that is needed ( the card already had it ) to get it working?

Nope, it works OOB. You will need Lilu + WEG for all ports to work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back