CPU
i9-9980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This thread is meant to be a continuation of kgp's original post for users using ASUS X299 motherboards. The goal is to keep the support for these motherboards alive, publish updates, configurations, hardware, and so on.

I'd like to thank @kgp for his effort so far and hope he'll be back in the future! I wish him all the best.
  • Update your profile with details about your build.
  • Follow the community rules.
/cc @izo1 @djlild7hina

Last edited:
Reserved.

Reserved 2.

Good idea. Did you tell why @kgp has closed the thread? It was a great source of knowledge.

I'm not sure why @kgp locked the posts. But I think we should give him time and keep this thread focused on Asus X299 support. If and when kgp is coming back, I'm happy to ask admin/mods to close this one out and move the conversation in the old threads. I'm sure some of the issue is related to the aggressive behavior that was happening in the latest pages of his threads from some users (now suspended).

Hey guys, thanks for making the thread. I can help as much as I can and post my findings through rigorous testing on my daily driver machine for professional work, but anything deeper like SSDTs etc, I don't think I have enough time/patience to help on that end.

Recently upgraded to a i9-9980XE (to avoid 7980XE + Delid + OC), will post results. Unfortunately my RAM is still slow @ 2400 M/T, but the plan is to go with 128GB 3600 Trident Z.

image.png

Hey guys, thanks for making the thread. I can help as much as I can and post my findings through rigorous testing on my daily driver machine for professional work, but anything deeper like SSDTs etc, I don't think I have enough time/patience to help on that end.

Recently upgraded to a i9-9980XE (to avoid 7980XE + Delid + OC), will post results. Unfortunately my RAM is still slow @ 2400 M/T, but the plan is to go with 128GB 3600 Trident Z.

View attachment 401878

Nice! I saw great results with the new refresh series when it comes to power consumption and temps. One thing I did on mine was to enable "Adaptive Mode" instead of "Auto" under Core Voltage. Depending on the motherboard you have (I'm using a Sage/10G) it should use the best voltages for the frequencies you specify. During my tests, I could reach 4Ghz on all cores using <1V which is pretty awesome.

Nice! I saw great results with the new refresh series when it comes to power consumption and temps. One thing I did on mine was to enable "Adaptive Mode" instead of "Auto" under Core Voltage. Depending on the motherboard you have (I'm using a Sage/10G) it should use the best voltages for the frequencies you specify. During my tests, I could reach 4Ghz on all cores using <1V which is pretty awesome.

Issue with 9980XE vs 7980XE is that the latter has a higher TJunction. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back