Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
updating or downgrading removes the duplicate entries automatically as it completely re-writes the nvram (cmos). ive tried like 4 different revisions of the bios with no different results..

EDIT: after playing around in windows all day to run tests for intel. the duplicate entries have stopped atleast for windows. testing with mac os now.

updating or downgrading removes the duplicate entries automatically as it completely re-writes the nvram (cmos). ive tried like 4 different revisions of the bios with no different results..

EDIT: after playing around in windows all day to run tests for intel. the duplicate entries have stopped atleast for windows. testing with mac os now.
Was thinking another thing to try is back up your whole EFI folder to a USB, then try getting rid of anything that isn’t the clover folder in the EFI partition (Apple) but keep Microsoft if you need it...

also happening for windows. im getting duplicate entries of "windows boot manager" wth :( anyone with any advice on this issue is greatly appreciated. currently dealing with asus to solve this issue and intel to figure out if it could be my cpu maybe?

Are those entries you're talking about (duplicates) in the BIOS?

If yes, you can use Ubuntu to delete them. Just need to make a live Ubuntu CD and do a little bit of googling.

Here's the first search result:

Your ASUS board has a BIOS Flashback feature and if you use that feature and re-f0lash with the latest BIOS, those entries should be gone as well.

If by duplicate results you mean Clover, then you can hide unnecessary partitions through the config.plist

I've done all that. Nothing is working. :( Clover even has a feature to add itself to the BIOS entries and even that creates duplicates. :( No one else has this issue?

iI've done all that. Nothing is working. :( Clover even has a feature to add itself to the BIOS entries and even that creates duplicates. :( No one else has this issue?
Yes, it is a common problem and lots of people have had the same issue as I have already told you

do the following as already mentioned to you:

In OSX:
1. Use EFI Mounter (download from Tonymacx86 downloads section) utility to open EFI and go to the BOOT folder.
2. Rename BOOT folder to LAUNCHER
3. Reboot to Windows
In Windows:
1. Download and use EasyUEFI utility to delete any extra boot options.
2. Use EasyUEFI to add a new boot entry, select other OS, name it what you want (I just called it El Capitan) so you can identify it when you boot, and click Browse and go through the file directory \EFI\LAUNCHER\BOOTX64.efi
3. Done

Introduction
This thread is a X299 support/guide for macOS Catalina.
It is a continuation of the excellent and well detailed guides from @kgp that he created for macOS High Sierra and macOS Mojave.
A lot from this post will be copied from @kgp but will also be kept up to date. Again major thanks to @kgp for all he has done for the hackintosh community and his dedication to supporting us. Wish him all the best!

Here are the previous guides from @kgp:
macOS High Sierra
macOS Mojave
macOS Mojave Support - This is an additional support thread by @vincek8s after @kgp retired from the community.

Remember to update your system specs and upload a copy of your EFI folder, BIOS settings, and a copy of your IOREG in order to receive support

Up and running successfully on Catalina Public Beta 3 in a separate APFS volume.

View attachment 416875

What works:
  • Sleep / Wake
  • Wifi and Bluetooth
  • Handoff, Continuity, AirDrop, Continuity Camera, and Unlock with Apple Watch
  • iMessage, FaceTime, App Store, iTunes Store
  • Ethernet
  • 10 Gb Ethernet
  • HEVC, H.264
  • Onboard audio
  • TRIM
  • USB 2.0 / USB 3.0
  • USB 3.1 Gen 2
  • Thunderbolt 3 w/ hot plug
  • DRM
What doesn’t work:
  • Sidecar
Downloads:

Updates:
Update 1: June 24, 2019
Added EFI folder with Clover v4973 and compatible lilu kexts without -lilubetaall
Update 2: July 4, 2019
Updated EFI folder to EFI-X299-10.15-PB2-iMacPro1,1-040719
  • Clover r4979
  • AppleALC 1.3.9
  • Lilu 1.3.7
  • WhateverGreen 1.30
  • USB port limit patches
Update 3: August 3, 2019
Updated EFI folder to EFI-X299-10.15-PB4-iMacPro1,1-030819
  • Clover r5033
  • AppleALC 1.4.0
  • Lilu 1.3.8
  • WhateverGreen 1.31
Hi there: is this only me is missing your update 3 EFI folder at your uploaded distribution link? Updated EFI folder to EFI-X299-10.15-PB4-iMacPro1,1-030819 is missing. Would you please upload? Thanks

Hi there: is this only me is missing your update 3 EFI folder at your uploaded distribution link? Updated EFI folder to EFI-X299-10.15-PB4-iMacPro1,1-030819 is missing. Would you please upload? Thanks

sorry I ran into some issues uploading to github and haven’t had the time to update. I ended up rolling back to my update 2 efi

Hi
What's up with the Open Core?
Aren't we getting love from clover anymore?

Give a brief explanation why we are moving to a new boot loader?
What are his advantages?

[/SPOILER]
Update 3: August 17, 2019
Added initial 0.0.4 OpenCore EFI and removed kexts from GitHub repo
[/QUOTE]

Beta 5 is out.....currently on Clover, it seems fine. Firefox appears to be fixed (on Beta 4, at least for me, wouldn't work)

EDIT: And, Opencore boots just fine, at least for me.

No change on the audio with the Radeon VII, meaning changing motherboards seems like it will have to be done, sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back