Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend, I finally got XCPM working in OpenCore with Catalina (XCPM didn't work with OpenCore in Mojave either). See this post for the fix.

X86PlatformPlugin needs to be injected for XCPM to work, and none of the usual SSDT files were working, and unlike Clover, there is no PluginType check box (as KGP used) in OpenCore.

This weekend, I finally got XCPM working in OpenCore with Catalina (XCPM didn't work with OpenCore in Mojave either). See this post for the fix.

X86PlatformPlugin needs to be injected for XCPM to work, and none of the usual SSDT files were working, and unlike Clover, there is no PluginType check box (as KGP used) in OpenCore.

Yep Scope (\_SB.SCK0.PR00) is also used in my EFI github repo ;)

Last edited:
Yep Scope (\_SB.SCK0.PR00) is also used in my EFI github repo ;)

Maybe you can help with one more Power Management issue.

With Clover, along with the above injection of X86PlatformPlugin, one can also see AppleBusPowerController properly injected into EC, like here:

Clover-EC.jpg

This is how it should appear: no EC0 and no AppleACPIEC in parallel with AppleBusPowerController. But in OpenCore (while running Catalina), using the same patches and SSDTs, I can only see an un-populated EC:

OC-EC 2.jpg

I've reviewed many threads both for Clover by RehabMan and others and, have tried many techniques, but none seem to inject AppleBusPowerController. I looked over your EFI github repo and we're doing pretty much the same things with our X299 mobos. (As many suggest, I don't use a patch to re-name EC0 to EC and do use an SSDT to remove EC0, since EC0 is a different, non-Mac device as compared to EC.)

BTW, I did one more test: I booted into Catalina with Clover, using the same set-up as with Mojave. EC remains un-populated, so this is a Catalina issue, not OpenCore. And Catalina is ß8, freshly downloaded tonight (but the results were the same with ß7).

Any idea how to get AppleBusPowerController injected into EC?

Last edited:
Maybe you can help with one more Power Management issue.

With Clover, along with the above injection of X86PlatformPlugin, one can also see AppleBusPowerController properly injected into EC, like here:

View attachment 425451

This is how it should appear: no EC0 and no AppleACPIEC in parallel with AppleBusPowerController. But in OpenCore (while running Catalina), using the same patches and SSDTs, I can only see an un-populated EC:

View attachment 425452

I've reviewed many threads both for Clover by RehabMan and others and, have tried many techniques, but none seem to inject AppleBusPowerController. I looked over your EFI github repo and we're doing pretty much the same things with our X299 mobos. (As many suggest, I don't use a patch to re-name EC0 to EC and do use an SSDT to remove EC0, since EC0 is a different, non-Mac device as compared to EC.)

BTW, I did one more test: I booted into Catalina with Clover, using the same set-up as with Mojave. EC remains un-populated, so this is a Catalina issue, not OpenCore. And Catalina is ß8, freshly downloaded tonight (but the results were the same with ß7).

Any idea how to get AppleBusPowerController injected into EC?

No, not that I’m aware of. May want to try asking in the other forum. Let us know if you find anything!

After the last beta 8 update, USB stopped working.

After the last beta 8 update, USB stopped working.

Are you using a port limit patch or a configured SSDT/USB kext? Also fill in your build details.

No, not that I’m aware of. May want to try asking in the other forum. Let us know if you find anything!

I was informed on another forum that:

"AppleBusPowerController doesn't need the EC anymore to load starting with Catalina. So whatever you did in the past to get it loading, either by renaming your EC or providing a fake EC device isn't necessary anymore. AppleBusPowerController now attaches to RTC."

This suggests that SSDT-EC is no longer needed in Catalina, and perhaps some other RTC method needs attention.

I do see AppleBusPowerController appearing under IOResources in Catalina, as shown below, and not RTC.

1569593708999.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-27 at 7.18.23 AM.jpg

EDIT:

More information from the other forum now suggests that this is all normal behavior on Catalina: AppleBusPowerController appears under IOResources but not under RTC or EC. So SSDT-EC is no longer needed under Catalina as I inactivated it for the above examples (and also had no RTC patches).

Last edited:
Someone, help!

I am unable to upload the 10.15 installation

Anyone here already managed to install the final version?

20191007_201431211_iOS.jpg

Yes, but I was on the D-Beta, and have been using Catalina for quite a while......

Added: I should note that not only do I have X299 system working 10.15 the released version, booting from both Clover and OpenCore, but I also have my "other" hack, a Z370 system, also doing the same. And my real Mac, a Macbook Pro, also on the 10.15 release. No issues.....

Last edited:
Final version updated here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back