Contribute
Register

Asus X299 - Catalina Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
The R7 is ok but going from 14nm Vega 56-64 to 7nm and also adding 8 extra GB of HBM2 did not scale well. The Luxmark doubled but Geekbench stayed about the same level, even in windows. The performance gains were minimal considering the stats. My Vega 64 is very close to my R7 in Geekbench in windows, only Luxmark shows a major performance gain.

Looking forward to the 5800 and 5900 models.

Vega 64 was Bed for Hackintosh
if you work on FCPX
u suffered from software and operating system crashes

Not with one video card or one computer
I had 2 VEGA 64
I had VEGA F.E.
And they just made me suffer a lot for 2 years

I was even thinking of going back to Windows and Adobe software

The R7 may not produce good results in Geekbench tests
But he works 20 hours a day with no problem
And just because of that the R7 is the best thing to come out for Hackintosh

Geekbench is trash for real benchmarking. Luxmark and Blender and other synthetic benchmarks are better.

The memory bandwidth in R7 has doubled from Vega 64 and that opened up the pathways for the card to be a computing beast. It has a 1TB/sec memory bandwidth. It’s compute power is fantastic and Navi doesn’t even get close to it. Neither does Vega 64.

3D power and compute are different things

Yes it is a compute beast, it’s basically a m150 card at sale for half the price. My point again is the scaling from 14 to 7 nm.
Navi scales better, the big problem with Navi is the GDDR6 memory. It won’t go past 900MHz. The 5700 vs the RX 580 @ 36 CUs is what one would expect in that scaling. The problem for AMD will be when Nvidia drops to 7nm, AMD will be left in the dust again!

I'm not sure what thread to post this in, not really an issue related to Catalina as I have tested on Mojave as well.

At some point, I started experiencing the "duplicate boot entry" problem in my BIOS. Does anyone else with prime X299 Deluxe have this issue?

im well aware of the bandaid solution... my quesiton is has anyone else with the same board ran into this issue? it seems like it is a new issue for my self.
quite common

these also worked on my older desktop which was an Asus motherboard: Z97Pro Gamer

In OSX:
1. Use EFI Mounter (download from Tonymacx86 downloads section) utility to open EFI and go to the BOOT folder.
2. Rename BOOT folder to LAUNCHER
3. Reboot to Windows
In Windows:
1. Download and use EasyUEFI utility to delete any extra boot options.
2. Use EasyUEFI to add a new boot entry, select other OS, name it what you want (I just called it El Capitan) so you can identify it when you boot, and click Browse and go through the file directory \EFI\LAUNCHER\BOOTX64.efi
3. Done

Reboot to OSX then restart several times and make sure you aren't getting extra boot options

from here:

sorry that im stressed and annoyed at this point. i hate posting here because off the stuff that went on with KGP. so i come here as a last resort after already spending so much time on this stupid issue.

and im met with "unhelpful" comments.

Sure, and I can appreciate all of that, but we don't know what things you already know, and what things you've already tried, so yes, you made have to wade through some noise until you get signal. We're not deliberately trying to be redundant or unhelpful.

fair enough, and thank to the mod for deleting the previous posts. :)

also happening for windows. im getting duplicate entries of "windows boot manager" wth :( anyone with any advice on this issue is greatly appreciated. currently dealing with asus to solve this issue and intel to figure out if it could be my cpu maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back