Contribute
Register

Asus VivoBook S400CA - Audio Not "Loading"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have the appropriate config.plist patches for AppleHDA?

Do you have the correct DSDT patches?

One thing wrong and it won't work. You should double-check your work.

I'm pretty sure I have everything working fine. It was working alright a couple days ago. I even tried reverting to my old DSDT to see if AppleHDA would work, but it doesn't.

I would think that DummyHDA.kext & AppleHDA.kext would load, even if the configs for it are incorrect. The only two kexts that load that are related to HDA is IOHDAFamily and AppleHDAController...

Cheers!

I'm pretty sure I have everything working fine. It was working alright a couple days ago. I even tried reverting to my old DSDT to see if AppleHDA would work, but it doesn't.

I would think that DummyHDA.kext & AppleHDA.kext would load, even if the configs for it are incorrect. The only two kexts that load that are related to HDA is IOHDAFamily and AppleHDAController...

Cheers!

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply to an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also post EFI folder.

Your DSDT lacks "IRQ Fix" patch.

Applied IRQ Fix and rebooted w/o caches (-f). AppleHDA loads now, yet there's no audio devices...Although I had everything working a couple days ago....:think:

Cheers!

Applied IRQ Fix and rebooted w/o caches (-f). AppleHDA loads now, yet there's no audio devices...Although I had everything working a couple days ago....:think:

Cheers!

See instructions in post #7.

Audio with injector is NOT expected to work when you boot without caches.

See instructions in post #7.

Audio with injector is NOT expected to work when you boot without caches.

Alright, fixed audio! I just had to reboot x2 w/o caches... :thumbup:
I'll have to add IRQ patch to my DSDT patch list when I patch from native DSDT...:p

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back