Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Audio stopped working for me today, and apparently it's because AppleHDA.kext isn't loading... :think:
I have a DummyHDA.kext installed for seamless updating, and AppleHDA NOR DummyHDA loads AT ALL I've tried removing the kexts and reinstalling them, rebuilding caches and permissions, changing the permissions on the kexts to 755 and root:wheel, forcing them to load via sudo kextload AND Clover's ForceKextsToLoad...none of them work...Any help? :think:

Cheers!

Hi all,

Audio stopped working for me today, and apparently it's because AppleHDA.kext isn't loading... :think:
I have a DummyHDA.kext installed for seamless updating, and AppleHDA NOR DummyHDA loads AT ALL I've tried removing the kexts and reinstalling them, rebuilding caches and permissions, changing the permissions on the kexts to 755 and root:wheel, forcing them to load via sudo kextload AND Clover's ForceKextsToLoad...none of them work...Any help? :think:

Cheers!

While initiating the command "sudo kextload", have a look into your system.log through Console. Might be you will get some idea on why your kext is not loading.

Hi all,

Cheers!

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Do you have appropriate binary patches (usually in config.plist) for AppleHDA?

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

Do you have appropriate binary patches (usually in config.plist) for AppleHDA?

They're in Clover's KextToPatch...It was working a couple days ago... HDMI audio and everything...but now the kext (DummyHDA is the one that's supposed to load I think, since it has all the audio data) refuses to load...Any help?:think:

Cheers!

While initiating the command "sudo kextload", have a look into your system.log through Console. Might be you will get some idea on why your kext is not loading.

Yep. Most of the time kextload says it loads fine, yet it never really "activates", because kexts never really load until another restart AFAIK.

They're in Clover's KextToPatch...It was working a couple days ago... HDMI audio and everything...but now the kext (DummyHDA is the one that's supposed to load I think, since it has all the audio data) refuses to load...Any help?:think:

Cheers!

Is the version# in the injector kext greater than the one in vanilla AppleHDA.kext?

Also, try this procedure:
- repair permissions
- reboot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot with caches (2x if necessary)

Is the version# in the injector kext greater than the one in vanilla AppleHDA.kext?

Also, try this procedure:
- repair permissions
- reboot without caches
- rebuild cache
- reboot with caches (2x if necessary)

The version on DummyHDA.kext is 299.1.1, vanilla AppeHDA.kext is 269.25 (pretty sure). I'm pretty sure I've already tried this procedure, but I'll do it again...

CheersQ

Running through reloading AppleHDA into the kext caches didn't really work... :think:
What now?

Cheers!

Running through reloading AppleHDA into the kext caches didn't really work... :think:
What now?

Cheers!

Do you have the appropriate config.plist patches for AppleHDA?

Do you have the correct DSDT patches?

One thing wrong and it won't work. You should double-check your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back