Contribute
Register

ASUS UX310UQ keyboard backigt not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did it and... still nothing. Rebooted with -f, and then opened terminal and wrote command sudo kextcache -i / .
Unfortunately no effect.... Any other ideas? I still didn't add patch for backlight, because touchpad is much more important for me (studies tomorrow...)
as mentioned... do not add patch for backlight in DSDT

also you are missing the pacthes i mentioned before in your config.plist under KextsToPatch

as mentioned... do not add patch for backlight in DSDT

also you are missing the pacthes i mentioned before in your config.plist under KextsToPatch
Okay. I didn't add backlight DSDT patch. I read whole thread three times and I don't know which patches are missing in my config. Other thing is I don't know how to add them under KextsToPatch

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2019-02-28 o 12.44.28.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2019-02-28 o 12.44.28.png
    228.2 KB · Views: 125
Okay. I didn't add backlight DSDT patch. I read whole thread three times and I don't know which patches are missing in my config. Other thing is I don't know how to add them under KextsToPatch
on the other page is the patches for you to add to KextsToPatch, you can use xcode or PlistEditPro to copy and paste

i got the patches for you from here:

Now I understand. Touchpad works fine now, thanks for it. But still no keyboard backlight...
glad your touchpad is working :)

my machine doesn't have backlight keyboard

however, i use this lilu plugin kext:

which works for my fn keys, looks like it may work for your keyboard backlight

I see it's ATK, when I was using Windows or Linux distros I was looking for ATK. Will give it a try and report immediately :)

So.. Fn keys work now, but backlight doesn't work...
AND I was close to heart attack, because got an boot error "System was unable to start", but few reboots repaired it itself (I have no idea how).
I did everything mentioned in Instruction (AsusSMC wiki)

So.. Fn keys work now, but backlight doesn't work...
AND I was close to heart attack, because got an boot error "System was unable to start", but few reboots repaired it itself (I have no idea how).
I did everything mentioned in Instruction (AsusSMC wiki)
also may be worth having a LiluFriend.kext

Rehabman created a tool to automatically create one:

I looked into it and there's no support for ASUS
eh?

it doesn't matter what laptop make or model you have to run LiluFriend.kext

download the repo and then run create_lilufriend.sh and then install the kext to /Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back