Contribute
Register

Asus Sabertooth X79 - Core i7-3820 @ 4.65 GHz - 16GB RAM - EVGA GTX650 - Mountain Lion - G5 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much for this detailed post. I have a build almost identical to yours. I have Samsung 830, 32 GB of 2133 RAM, and a gtx 670. With your help, I got everything working perfectly. Benchmarks look awesome. Thanks!

Hey erik,

We have basically the same system setup.
I have:
Asus Sabertooth x79
16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
EVGA Gtx 760 SC Graphics card
Intel quad core i7 3820.

In the picture below, it shows the cinebench for my system and i was comparing it to yours and puzzled because yours have 5 times the better result than my scores. i wanted to know how you achieved those scores exactly?

Screen Shot 2013-09-30 at 6.05.07 PM.jpg

removed the wrong kext file (was optimized for a different cpu) and re-installed the right VoodooTSCSync.kext via multibeast. bam! everything is fine now....except for the sound!

can anyone help me getting my s/pdif working? there is light coming out of it but I have no luck with any sound whatsoever.

For your sound make sure you select the correct sound controller. I hope my guide helped you out a bit. It took me a few times to get things right, but got it in the end.

Thanks,

hey, erik, i just bought as same configuration as you, but i bought a gtx 650 ti graphic card. it will work or not actually? i am new in hackintosh so need your help.

hi,
if any one there to help me i bought a asus sabertooth x79 and a i7 3820 with 8gb ram - gtx 650ti graphics but i have a mac pro 2006 case but i did't know how to install those thing to this case plz any one help me.;.....o_O:banghead:

hi,
if any one there to help me i bought a asus sabertooth x79 and a i7 3820 with 8gb ram - gtx 650ti graphics but i have a mac pro 2006 case but i did't know how to install those thing to this case plz any one help me.;.....o_O:banghead:
Case modfiicaton questions are not allowed in build descriptions. There is a whole forum section on how to customize a Mac Pro case:
The Workshop > Case Mods > Mac Pro
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro-mods/
Here you can find great information for modification of the Mac Pro case. You will have to read a lot to see all the subtitles needed to make for a successful case mod. When I did my Mac Pro case mod, I assembled my system components in a standard case first to get the system components working and achieve a successful OS X installation; this also took the pressure off of me to hurry up and complete the case mod to assemble the components to use OS X. :thumbup:

However, you can learn how to install OS X on your Sabertooth X79 from the information in the original post and other Sabertooth X79 build descriptions in both User and Golden Builds forum sections.

thats going to help me a lot.....and thnx again for the link....:headbang:

hi nice build, I have the same spec of your rig, but mine is 3820 and a ati r9 280x, question will the videocard be detected even if its not an nvidia?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back