Asus Rog MARS 760x2 4Gb
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all, I've been using an Asus ROG MARS 760x2 OOTB on a dual screen Mavericks build without problems, then I moved to Clover+Sierra (10.12.4), the card is detected and works BUT the fan's speed repeatly rises up & falls down making a huge noise.

I've tried using latest Nvidia web drivers, fan control apps, updated fake_smc+sensors, changed sysdef from imac 14,2 to macpro 5,1... with no results, ¿anyone has succeded installing sierra with this card? ¿any ideas to solve the fan's speed problem?

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggesntion Solidww, but I tried both, Nvidia and Apple drivers with no results, the process was:

1. Backed up Mavericks 10.9.4 build over ssd with Chameleon [sysdef MacPro 3,1]. The card works fine with system drivers.
2. Installed clean Sierra 10.12 with Clover [sysdef iMac 14,2] to brand new ssd. --> Card fans spinning at top speed.
2. Restored old user to Sierra from Time-Machine. --> No change in fans, everything else works OK.
3. Tried Nvidia drivers for 10.12, fan control apps, updated fake_smc+sensors... --> No success.
4. Updated Clover to latest version, then Sierra & Nvidia drivers to 10.12.4. --> No success.
5. Finally tried changing sysdef to MacPro 5,1 with Clover Configurator and tested Nvidia & Apple drivers --> No success.
6. Surrender, cry & ask for help... :banghead:

I think it has to do with Sierra not dealing well with 2-in-1 card architecture, as the ROG MARS works basically as two 760 cards in SLI using just 1 PCIe slot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back