Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage V Extreme - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cpu is very crazy... Asus x99-a, i7 5820K

Captura de pantalla 2016-08-28 a las 13.52.04.png

Perhaps all or most of kext might work in the future update of MacOS Sierra once it is released or the current betas.

Still do not know if I'll make a guide to Sierra since it takes me some time and I'm a little busy right now, but in the future will try to do so.

I've just tested to install the latest MacOs Sierra beta and the installation worked without any issue with the latest Clover, it seems everything will work without any issue once the final release is here. Thanks Xavi !

Only the Audio has to be fixed but there is already something on the sierra forum

Only use your DSDT and will not need more, you can download mine and look into the make-your patches, I assure you that you will not need the USBInject.kext or anything else, the DSDT will do all the work.

When you extract the DSDT and you put it inside EFI partition , your DSDT will tell El Capitan the port mapping and more hardware. But then because it is important to have carried out mapping usb ports? simple, because if you need to remove specific ports, you'll know that you remove from your DSDT or cancel by some other means, as also explained in the guide.

If you already have your DSDT working, try to eliminate the XHCI-x99-injector.kext, and see if your DSDT is doing its job.

remember that before you should have the patch removal limit ports on your config.plist
Xavi16, I have tried with no kext and indeed some of my USB ports do not work.

I have added to my pdf with results from IOREG version 3.02. I have also looked again at your SSDT. I am finding it hard to see a correlation between USB data on your Rampage V Extreme (which might be similar to my X99a/USB3.1) and entries in the SSDT and without having a machine with your MOBO, it is even more difficult for me to see how to get a SSDT together.

My cpu is very crazy... Asus x99-a, i7 5820K

View attachment 208465
Hey Coclondis, have you got the correct processor ID in Clover. I am also using an Asus X99a (but a USB3.1 version) and a 5820k. Go to Clover/Kexts and Patches/FakeCPUID and enter 0x0306E0. My GeekBench 3 score is about 21480. I need a very stable system so I do not overclock. My maximum processor speed is 3.4GHz, I think.

@Number6 Hey thank for your answer!!
I go to this panel ''kernel and kext patches'' and i don't see ''FakeCPUID'', i open config.plist for see if was this kext.

Screen Shot 2016-08-29 at 09.42.33.png

@Number6 Hey thank for your answer!!
I go to this panel ''kernel and kext patches'' and i don't see ''FakeCPUID'', i open config.plist for see if was this kext.

View attachment 208541
Really????? On the right, third window from the top. I can see that it is empty. OS X has no idea what your porcessor is as Haswell-E is not recognised. You have to 'fake' it. Hence, FakeCPUID.

o_O jajaja sorry i am blind, very very blind. :banghead:

EDIT: My CPU now in geekbench Mac 18700 stable, in Windows 10 20800 - 21000 around, not 100% in Mac but I have a good result, ¡¡thank you very much!!

Last edited:
o_O jajaja sorry i am blind, very very blind. :banghead:

EDIT: My CPU now in geekbench 18700 stable.
Hello Friend

Can you tell me what method was used for CPU power management?

You are using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or X99PlatformPlugin.kext (XCPM) as I indicated the guide?

You have generated your CPU SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh?

I am following your guide, but i maked my usb with unibest (because the usb dont boot), your folder ''USB EFI Install'' and Efi clover from your guide.

I used X99PlatformPlugin.kext indicated in your guide
I dont generated my SSDT with my CPU, i dont know make this...

I am making a usb with your method usb boot again.

Last edited:
I am following your guide, but i maked my usb with unibest (because the usb dont boot), your folder ''USB EFI Install'' and Efi clover from your guide.

I used X99PlatformPlugin.kext indicated in your guide
I dont generated my SSDT with my CPU, i dont know make this...

I am making a usb with your method usb boot again.

To make use of X99PlatformPlugin.kext, you must generate a CPU SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh

I think the problem with your CPU is that X99PlatformPlugin.kext should not be charged.

By using FakeCPUID you can improve a bit but it is not functioning correctly, look looking guides as creating a CPU SSDT, and then check that X99PlatformPlugin.kext is charging.

When you have finished creating a SSDT for your 5820k, eliminates FakeCPUID, otherwise you'll get a Kernel Panic.

EDIT: The CPU SSDT in my guide is to CPU 5930k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back