Contribute
Register

Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 - Guide: Extract & Edit your own DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
shilohh,
turned out that I was away for the weekend. fresh install, same results.
bummed about the word that there are general mobo problems. will pick up another SSD this week and try a windows install.
In the mean time, would be interested in your assessment of my reg data.
thanks in advance,
aznewt
Gotta wait till tomorrow to check ur stuff. I'd just install win to a cheap sata drive if you have one around. Unless you plan to boot your win install often. I have win 7 on a 5400 rpm laptop drive that I've only booted from like 3 times.

Here is some good news. posting now from the machine as a win7 ultimate and..... audio works juuuuust fine. Which means, it must be something that I am missing along the way.

How do I know which *.kext from the default install are related to audio and should be removed?

Here is some good news. posting now from the machine as a win7 ultimate and..... audio works juuuuust fine. Which means, it must be something that I am missing along the way.
How do I know which *.kext from the default install are related to audio and should be removed?
:thumbup: Everything is loaded properly according to ioreg. No kexts need to be removed unless you've installed one of the HDAEnabler kexts from multibeast or somewhere else. Search for HDAEnabler kexts in S/L/E and if any are present remove them and reboot -f. Also be sure that you have selected the same output in sys prefs that you speakers are connected to. You should now have 3 stereo outs to choose from.

shilohh,

in addition to my baseline, that appears to work, i have tried all three of the *.aml that you suggested and still no luv.

per the attached .tiff, the sound options i have are internal speakers, line out (x2), and digital out. none work.

i trust that all i have to do is change the *.aml in /Extra and restart (i.e. no need to run multi beast to change dsdt).

aznewt

Attachments

• sound.tiff
    91.9 KB · Views: 175
i trust that all i have to do is change the *.aml in /Extra and restart (i.e. no need to run multi beast to change dsdt).
Yes. Just OverWright the DSDT.aml in /Extra with the one you want to use and reboot. NO do NOT use multibeast to install unless it's your first time installing multibeast on a fresh install but even then I recommend just putting it in /Extra yourself. So if you have no sound with the last DSDT you sent me and you have no HDAEnabler Kexts in SLE, I'd try installing the correct audio kext (http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...t-your-own-dsdt-interim_898_lion_applehda.zip) one more time just in case. After that, I'm not sure what the problem could be. You might look into the possibility that Asus might have updated the firmware or chip on the newly shipping R4Es.

shilohh,

thank you for all the help you have given me and others. it is over the top what you do. gonna try one more time with kextbeast and your attachment (even though that is the one that is installed).

BTW, i take it literally when you say that i should see "Stereo" output options. All i see are "Line Out" outputs. Zup with that?

just to be sure, sound comes out of the black audio out jack on the back in Win7. Should do the same on the mac, right?

just for grins, i moved my video card from slot 2 to slot 1, extracted a dsdt, and did a diff against my baseline. there was no change. i think i was expecting to see something change.

thanks again.

shilohh,
thank you for all the help you have given me and others. it is over the top what you do. gonna try one more time with kextbeast and your attachment (even though that is the one that is installed).
You're welcome.
BTW, i take it literally when you say that i should see "Stereo" output options. All i see are "Line Out" outputs. Zup with that?
You are seeing correct outputs. I meant that each one is a stereo out instead of being a single surround output option in sys prefs. One will be labeled internal speaker (mobo green {front}) or headphones depending if youre plugged into the board or a front pannel accessory connection. The other 2 are labeled line out and the only way to tell which one is which is by selecting it and testing for sound.
just to be sure, sound comes out of the black audio out jack on the back in Win7. Should do the same on the mac, right?
Yes sound should come out of the green, black or brown, depending on which output you have select in the output tab of sys prefs. Try cycling through each output option in sys prefs to see if you get sound. Also try the same thing with each of the three out plugs from the board: Green (front) Black (back) and the Brown (bass). Based on your ioreg and the out options you see in sys prefs you should have sound. Also make sure your volume is turned up. When I test for sound I roll through each out option while hitting the volume + and - keys on my apple keyboard and listen for the sound that the system makes to indicate volume going up or down.

Also, what setting did you use in the BIOS for audio?

Attachments

• 130913081432.jpg
    130913081432.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 380
NICE!

Great stuff, Id be LOST without it!

Thank you!

Re ctucker

Well put shilohh.. If it was me giving the help and advice to this person, I would have told him to apply for a refund and suggest he find a warm place to put his head. WELL Before you did.

So Cool you are.. +1 Shilohh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back