Contribute
Register

ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 LGA I9 12900K AMD 6900XT install and support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, the UHD770 is not supported in macOS.
Thank you for spotting that guys, that was a mistake. I must've been quite busy at the time to have replied it like that. The Intel UHD770 GPU does not work, only an external AMD GPU does.

Could you please do the OP and me a huge favo(u)r by updating your profile for your actual Prime Z690 board and CPU?

TIA.
I will see what I can do as I am very busy with work at the moment. But if you want the actual specs they are:

Intel i9-12900K (older logo version with AVX not fused)
Corsair 64GB 3600Mhz DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte AMD Radeon Gaming OC RX6800XT 16GB
Noctua NH-U12S heatsink
macOS Big Sur
Samsung 1TB 980 NVMe
Asus ROG STRIX 1000G Gold PSU
Fractal Design Meshify 2 case
BIOS firmware version 0407

Alas, the UHD770 is not supported in macOS.

No. I didn't think so.

About the BIOS ... thinking people need to be very cautious about updating the BIOS for the Z690 chipset.

According to ASUS the latest version - V.1602 makes these Z690 boards compatible with 13th Gen. processors meaning that this BIOS update is probably redundant at this point.

@Middleman stayed with 0407 - playing it safe!

No. I didn't think so.

About the BIOS ... thinking people need to be very cautious about updating the BIOS for the Z690 chipset.

According to ASUS the latest version - V.1602 makes these Z690 boards compatible with 13th Gen. processors meaning that this BIOS update is probably redundant at this point.
Tell me about it, windows 11 seems to be able to update the bios. I'm still trying to figure out if my problem is in OC or in Asus Bios

No. I didn't think so.

@Middleman stayed with 0407 - playing it safe!
I think it just depends on the kind of board you have, I updated my Asus Z690 I Gaming to the latest version for 13th Gen Processors and other improvements and it’s fine. No changes needed and works great.

I think it just depends on the kind of board you have, I updated my Asus Z690 I Gaming to the latest version for 13th Gen Processors and other improvements and it’s fine. No changes needed and works great.
Can I see your EFI file for the build, your is running 1620 Asus Z690 Bios?

Can I see your EFI file for the build, your is running 1620 Asus Z690 Bios?
Bios version 1720 but I’m not at my computer at the moment but it is very similar to this by CaseySJ.

• I updated my Asus ProArt Z690 Creator to BIOS 1720. No problem with macOS. Monterey and Ventura.
  • I updated my Asus ROG Strix Z690i WiFi to BIOS 1720. No problem with macOS. Monterey and Ventura.

Can I get a copy of EFI and did you post your bios settings somewhere?
  • I updated my Asus ProArt Z690 Creator to BIOS 1720. No problem with macOS. Monterey and Ventura.
  • I updated my Asus ROG Strix Z690i WiFi to BIOS 1720. No problem with macOS. Monterey and Ventura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back