Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS 1410 2020/11/23

works fine

Sure here it is:

after testing that you computer boots fine with the attached EFI folder make sure to do the following
Mount partition
Open O.C folder
Delete SSDT-ASUSZ90-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml from ACPI folder, IF you dont have the Thunderbolt 3 card
if you do then you can leave them where they are.
Open Kexts Folder, delete LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext , this kext is only for the Realtek Pcie card Ethernet 2.5Gbps LAN
so it is safe to delete unless you have a 2.5Gbps card installed
And lastly open the config.plist, make sure to use "ProperTree" to open the config. while im sure you can use other configurators it is always better to use "ProperTree"
once you open the file click File - OC Snapshot , select OC folder (From EFI PC not USB Flash ) --- then again. File. ----- Clean Snapshot -- select OC folder click choose
Navigate to PlatformInfo
here you can put your serial numbers
For i5 and i7 use iMac20,1
for i9 use iMac20,2
MLB,System Serial Number and System UUID you only need those
and dont forget to fill in the field where it says ROM here you can put your computer's real MAC address
you can find it Device manager in Windows or System Profiler in Mac ,,,the format looks something like this b0:2r:99:b0:M0:00 (<< dont use this it is fake)
when you input the number from you PC only put the numbers and letters dont use the litle dots ( : : : :)
File. ---Save
close eveything then reboot
Thanks man! For some reason sleep stopped working . Will check config again and will compare to my old one. In my old one sleep was working fine . PC feels smoother and quicker. Only problem is sleep not working and if I switch off the screen and turn back on then nothing happens .

P.S Sorry for my bad

Hi all,
I am planning to buy this motherboard to make my second hackintosh (the first one using OpenCore).
Before starting I will read Dortania's OpenCore install guide but I would like to ask some preliminary questions, after reading all this thread.

- My need would be to run both Windows 10 and MacOs on this hardware. So far, on my current hackintosh, I am using Clover. In order to keep MacOs separated from Windows and Linux I just press F12 to pop up the boot menu and choose to boot Mojave. This is good for me. Is it convenient to do the same with OpenCore? Does this prevent somehow Windows from interfering with MacOs set up? What do you think?

- Do you consider Big Sur a safe choice to start with or would it be better to stay with Catalina?

- As for hdd's, since I am not interested to have the latest-and-the-greatest disk and speed but I aim to easier configuration, maintenance and stability, would you suggest to drop nvme hdd's against more tested 6Gbit SSD's?

- I plan to use a Radeon RX580 video card. I understood it is better to use iMacPro1.1 definition in order to fully exploit hardware acceleration/decoding. Is this correct?

- Is there any bios version suggested over the others? I have seen at least three versions reported as working. Do I have to use one of these or just the latest one? What do you think?

Thanks to all for your help.

Hi all,
I am planning to buy this motherboard to make my second hackintosh (the first one using OpenCore).
Before starting I will read Dortania's OpenCore install guide but I would like to ask some preliminary questions, after reading all this thread.

- My need would be to run both Windows 10 and MacOs on this hardware. So far, on my current hackintosh, I am using Clover. In order to keep MacOs separated from Windows and Linux I just press F12 to pop up the boot menu and choose to boot Mojave. This is good for me. Is it convenient to do the same with OpenCore? Does this prevent somehow Windows from interfering with MacOs set up? What do you think?

- Do you consider Big Sur a safe choice to start with or would it be better to stay with Catalina?

- As for hdd's, since I am not interested to have the latest-and-the-greatest disk and speed but I aim to easier configuration, maintenance and stability, would you suggest to drop nvme hdd's against more tested 6Gbit SSD's?

- I plan to use a Radeon RX580 video card. I understood it is better to use iMacPro1.1 definition in order to fully exploit hardware acceleration/decoding. Is this correct?

- Is there any bios version suggested over the others? I have seen at least three versions reported as working. Do I have to use one of these or just the latest one? What do you think?

Thanks to all for your help.
most user dont use SATA ssds anymore move on to NVME, i would just disconnect linux and windows drives before intalling osx
install Big Sur with the EFI i provided, fix your bios settiings accrding to the guide before installing
once installed and it boots with no errors
generate your serial numbers save config.plist file
reconnect linux /windows drives
get in bios, go to boot menu, select boot order
1st drive (your drive name/brand) UEFI. (do not chose opencore Entry as your first )
2nd drive (windows boot manager/you drive name/brand UEFI)
3rd drive Linux
4th (optional). Opencore Entry (not sure if needed)

Thanks man! For some reason sleep stopped working . Will check config again and will compare to my old one. In my old one sleep was working fine . PC feels smoother and quicker. Only problem is sleep not working and if I switch off the screen and turn back on then nothing happens .

P.S Sorry for my bad
let us know if you fix it and how :)

Update 19-06-2020.
See Post 19.

Update 22-09-2020.
See Post 83.

Hi everyone.
As the title suggests I installed Catalina 10.5.5 on this motherboard, and the system works quite well.

Hardware:
Asus PRIME Z490-P
I5 10400
MSI Radeon 560
Opencore 0.59

I have a few problems to solve ...
I dumped the DSDT with Ubuntu Live USB, and then I used SSDTTime to generate the SSDT that I needed.
I got some SSDTs from Opencore's guide.
When I boot on verbose mode I see that there are a few ACPI errors and also an OCS error.
I can't activate the UHD630 in Headless mode.
I don't understand if it's a BIOS error, because this BIOS only allows you to choose which video card to boot from.
So if I choose PEG, I don't understand if the IGPU is activated.

Audio works.
Ethernet works.
USB ports work.
Sleep Work

I ask the experts if they have any ideas on how to fix ACPI and OCS errors.
And fix the UHD630 in Headless mode.

A big thank to CaseySJ, because I started to do this installation from his files ...

Thank You.

Max

UPDATE 16-06-2020
OCS Error Solved.
Renamed Delete to Block in Kernel section.

UPDATE 17-06-2020
With new SSDT-EC.aml the HS13 error is gone!

Update 19-06-2020.
See Post 19.

Update 22-09-2020.
See Post 83.
Hi, to install catalina on asus z490-p and i9-10900k is possible only with opencore?
Tnx.

i have the same board , so far everything works very nice
the BIOS error "wait for F1 (safe mode) is gone
I have only a few different components and 2 ssdts and and some other kexts
I wanted to push this board to the max except for the cpu
i added thunderbolt 3 works great

heres is my setup
macos Big Sur
OpenCore 0.6.3
Intel Core i7 10700
ASUS Radeon RX 580
32 GB RAM
ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR addon card connected to thunderbolt header (Hot Swap Works) (2 SSDTS)
Realtek PCI-e addon card (Rosewill RC-20001 2.5Gbps) working with kext
WIFI/Bluetooth Apple BCM94360CS2 with adapter in wifi slot and antenna bracket on back of pc (no kext)
the module also works in windows with apple drivers, no need to waste a pcie x1 slot i just put the card in the wifi slot in the motherboard

2 NVME EVOs 970 plus one for mac one for windows
the rest is pretty much standard
Apple TV does not work but i dont need that

besides that everything works
wifi works
bluetooth works
both LANs work 1gbps and 2.5 gbps
sleep works
audio works, display port HDMI and Onboard
thunderbolt 3 works

very nice board very affordable my price went up bacause of thunderbolt 3 im sure most people will not need that
very few mods in config plist most changes are related to RTC every time i restarted an error came up
bios posted in safe mode, error is gone now

dont let other comments stoping you from buying this board.
it works perfectly fine

Hi!
i have almost the same setup and searching for a wifi card to use. I just want to be sure that I understand you correctly, did you just put the BCM94360CS2 in the m2 key e (the m2 port In the middle of the 3) port? I thought it was CNVI locked ? in that case, which adapter do I need to put it in the m2 socket? and the bluetooth works without the usual internal usb thing that's on the most adaptors? Sorry for my many questions :D

Hi!
i have almost the same setup and searching for a wifi card to use. I just want to be sure that I understand you correctly, did you just put the BCM94360CS2 in the m2 key e (the m2 port In the middle of the 3) port? I thought it was CNVI locked ? in that case, which adapter do I need to put it in the m2 socket? and the bluetooth works without the usual internal usb thing that's on the most adaptors? Sorry for my many questions :D
I bought an PCI-E adapter for exactly the same wifi card and it works perfectly fine. And if you're going to use PCI-E then don't forget to disable Serial-Port in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back