Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What SMBIOS are you using?
Seem the problem of the Kernel Panic..

Also guys I updated to Big Sur, at first I couldn't boot however after I updated to OpenCore 0.6.3 I was able to enter and everything seemed to be working the same as in Catalina, I would even say its much more responsive.

Just a note on my EFI :
Used post 83, updated to opencore 0.6.3 (debug), modified audio to use layout-id 7 and remove fakePCI kext etc. updated kexts AppleALC, VirtualSMC, Lilu, WEG, changed some debug values to have a nice start without all the debug info. Using MonitorControl tool for brightness control.

Here is my hardware:
Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1
IMac20,1
Intel 10100
Asus Z490-p Prime
RX 570 ROG Strix (OOB) (Multi Monitor and correct resolution works perfectly)
NVMe Rocket Q 1TB (OOB)
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB (OOB)
Youbo Wifi card & Bluetooth (OOB)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

So as you can see most of my parts work out of the box, I gave up on the HD630 I could never get it working without hot plugging at startup. So I bought from ebay an RX570.

I think I have only 1 issue now is that audio output auto detect is not working, which is not a big deal changing it manually in settings.

Sanitize OpenCore config.plist:
Thank you for share EFI files!
z490-p + 10700k + 5700xt add agdpmod=pikera
installed 11.0.1 ,it's works almost perfect!
THANKS!!!

I am using iMac20,1 but i also try with iMacPro1,1. I am using the #117 folder with some changes in the boot-args, for the navi graphics cards, I enable verbose mode and the same errors keeps appearing as in the past images

boot-args:
-v shikigva=80 keepsyms=1 alcid=1 agdpmod=pikera

Attachments

• kernel panic.jpeg
    kernel panic.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 56
  • kernel panic 1.jpeg
    kernel panic 1.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 53
  • kernel panic 2.jpeg
    kernel panic 2.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 49
Thank you for share EFI files!
z490-p + 10700k + 5700xt add agdpmod=pikera
installed 11.0.1 ,it's works almost perfect!
THANKS!!!

Hey, do you think you can pass me your EFI folder please? I have the same configuration as you but my hackintosh does not boot :/

Hey, do you think you can pass me your EFI folder please? I have the same configuration as you but my hackintosh does not boot :/
here it is!
it's from

Qwinity

at #117
I just add agdpmod=pikera
my bios is 1208

GOOD LUCK!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 103
Guys, my config from post #117 is not for dedicated GPU-s. It's for iGPU. If you use a dedicated GPU then delete all the framebuffer patches from <DeviceProperties> and configure your iGPU to run in headless mode by changing AAPL,ig-platform-id value to 0300C89B

In addition to config changes, as far as I know, you have to enable multi-monitor in BIOS (and maybe also set your dGPU as primary, I'm not sure about it). This option is available after BIOS upgrade.

The config also requires some tweaking in terms of USB. The USB map I shared there will only work if you have identical USB ports setup as I have (the same number of external ports connected to the same mobo controller).

Please verify this information though because I never set up dGPU on this mobo.

Last edited:
Here is my hardware:
Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1
IMacPro1,1 for fully GPU acceleration (set primary display to PCIE in BIOS under graphics configuration )
Intel 10700
Asus Z490-p Prime BIOS 1208
Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GB (OOB)
NVMe Samsung EVO 970 512GB (OOB)
Corsair Vengeance 4 x 8GB (OOB)
WIFI TP-LINK ARCHER T9E (OOB)
OPENCORE 0.6.4 DEBUG

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
i have the same board , so far everything works very nice
the BIOS error "wait for F1 (safe mode) is gone
I have only a few different components and 2 ssdts and and some other kexts
I wanted to push this board to the max except for the cpu
i added thunderbolt 3 works great

heres is my setup
macos Big Sur
OpenCore 0.6.3
Intel Core i7 10700
ASUS Radeon RX 580
32 GB RAM
ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR addon card connected to thunderbolt header (Hot Swap Works) (2 SSDTS)
Realtek PCI-e addon card (Rosewill RC-20001 2.5Gbps) working with kext
WIFI/Bluetooth Apple BCM94360CS2 with adapter in wifi slot and antenna bracket on back of pc (no kext)
the module also works in windows with apple drivers, no need to waste a pcie x1 slot i just put the card in the wifi slot in the motherboard
2 NVME EVOs 970 plus one for mac one for windows
the rest is pretty much standard
Apple TV does not work but i dont need that

besides that everything works
wifi works
bluetooth works
both LANs work 1gbps and 2.5 gbps
sleep works
audio works, display port HDMI and Onboard
thunderbolt 3 works

very nice board very affordable my price went up bacause of thunderbolt 3 im sure most people will not need that
very few mods in config plist most changes are related to RTC every time i restarted an error came up
bios posted in safe mode, error is gone now

dont let other comments stoping you from buying this board.
it works perfectly fine

i have the same board , so far everything works very nice
the BIOS error "wait for F1 (safe mode) is gone
I have only a few different components and 2 ssdts and and some other kexts
I wanted to push this board to the max except for the cpu
i added thunderbolt 3 works great

heres is my setup
macos Big Sur
OpenCore 0.6.3
Intel Core i7 10700
ASUS Radeon RX 580
32 GB RAM
ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR addon card connected to thunderbolt header (Hot Swap Works) (2 SSDTS)
Realtek PCI-e addon card (Rosewill RC-20001 2.5Gbps) working with kext
WIFI/Bluetooth Apple BCM94360CS2 with adapter in wifi slot and antenna bracket on back of pc (no kext)
the module also works in windows with apple drivers, no need to waste a pcie x1 slot i just put the card in the wifi slot in the motherboard
2 NVME EVOs 970 plus one for mac one for windows
the rest is pretty much standard
Apple TV does not work but i dont need that

besides that everything works
wifi works
bluetooth works
both LANs work 1gbps and 2.5 gbps
sleep works
audio works, display port HDMI and Onboard
thunderbolt 3 works

very nice board very affordable my price went up bacause of thunderbolt 3 im sure most people will not need that
very few mods in config plist most changes are related to RTC every time i restarted an error came up
bios posted in safe mode, error is gone now

dont let other comments stoping you from buying this board.
it works perfectly fine
Could you share your EFI please? I am facing some issues to manage my video card to work :)

Could you share your EFI please? I am facing some issues to manage my video card to work :)
Sure here it is:

after testing that you computer boots fine with the attached EFI folder make sure to do the following
Mount partition
Open O.C folder
Delete SSDT-ASUSZ90-TB3HP.aml and SSDT-DTPG.aml from ACPI folder, IF you dont have the Thunderbolt 3 card
if you do then you can leave them where they are.
Open Kexts Folder, delete LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext , this kext is only for the Realtek Pcie card Ethernet 2.5Gbps LAN
so it is safe to delete unless you have a 2.5Gbps card installed
And lastly open the config.plist, make sure to use "ProperTree" to open the config. while im sure you can use other configurators it is always better to use "ProperTree"
once you open the file click File - OC Snapshot , select OC folder (From EFI PC not USB Flash ) --- then again. File. ----- Clean Snapshot -- select OC folder click choose
Navigate to PlatformInfo
here you can put your serial numbers
For i5 and i7 use iMac20,1
for i9 use iMac20,2
MLB,System Serial Number and System UUID you only need those
and dont forget to fill in the field where it says ROM here you can put your computer's real MAC address
you can find it Device manager in Windows or System Profiler in Mac ,,,the format looks something like this b0:2r:99:b0:M0:00 (<< dont use this it is fake)
when you input the number from you PC only put the numbers and letters dont use the litle dots ( : : : :)
File. ---Save
close eveything then reboot

Attachments

• ASUSZ490EFI.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 145
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back