Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i tried updating opencore but i would not boot, but i did manage to update the OS to the latest version , without updating opencore, seems to work just fine, i dont think ill be updating opencore, my system works fine, ill just stick with the older version

Did anyone manage to upgrade to the newest OpenCore version and install Big Sur?
I installed Big Sur using OpenCore 0.65 and then later I replaced OpenCore with latest 0.67 version. It works fine too. My motherboard is Asus Prime Z490m-plus with CPU i9-10850k using build in graphic.

Created my own version of OpenCore for Z490P. New version is available here .

CPU - Intel Core i9-10850K
MOBO - ASUS Z490P
GPU - XFX AMD RX580
SSD - 2 x 1TB M.2 SSD (Crucial)
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz

Last edited:
I installed Big Sur using OpenCore 0.65 and then later I replaced OpenCore with latest 0.67 version. It works fine too. My motherboard is Asus Prime Z490m-plus with CPU i9-10850k using build in graphic.
Could you send me please your graphics attributes? I've tried multiple for Intel HD630 but none of them works. Currently using my dedicated GPU.

If someone needs new Z490P OpenCore version, just let me know. I am going to upload every OpenCore version on my Github .

CPU - Intel Core i9-10850K
MOBO - ASUS Z490P
GPU - XFX AMD RX580
SSD - 2 x 1TB M.2 SSD (Crucial)
RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz
Could you, please, share your OC build (config/kexts/SSDT and etc)? I do have similar setup: Asus z490-p, Intel Core i5, GPU Asus RX550 4gb, M2 SSD, 16Gb of RAM (samsung).

Network (8111) is not working (had tried several kexts)
Graphics - AMD (shows 7mb of ram)

After reboot all USB ports stop working. Have to remove power plug and let system "have a rest". Then USB starts working until next reboot.

Could you, please, share your OC build (config/kexts/SSDT and etc)? I do have similar setup: Asus z490-p, Intel Core i5, GPU Asus RX550 4gb, M2 SSD, 16Gb of RAM (samsung).

Network (8111) is not working (had tried several kexts)
Graphics - AMD (shows 7mb of ram)

After reboot all USB ports stop working. Have to remove power plug and let system "have a rest". Then USB starts working until next reboot.
Kexts - Lilu, Whatevergreen, AppleALC, NVMeFix, RealtekRTL8111, Virtual SMC, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBInjectAll, FakePCIID. I would recommend you to try my EFI . Hopefully it helps. Just replace SN, ROM, MLB

Attachments

• xxLuciferSxx-z490-5724b90e95e0.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Very rarely, but still often enough that its disturbing, my Bluetooth get "unavailable" after sleep. the icon turns to the bluetooth sign with a line over it like this:
Skärmavbild 2021-04-07 kl. 17.27.54.png

and I have to reboot to get it working. anyone else have the same problem? its very frustrating to solve when it happens once in a month, and with no special environment to force the problem to appear :/
my specs are:
Asus Z490 prime p
gigabyte rx570 4gb
wifi/bluetooth card: BCM943602CS (taken from a real Mac) + PCIE adapter.

Very rarely, but still often enough that its disturbing, my Bluetooth get "unavailable" after sleep. the icon turns to the bluetooth sign with a line over it like this:
View attachment 514564
and I have to reboot to get it working. anyone else have the same problem? its very frustrating to solve when it happens once in a month, and with no special environment to force the problem to appear :/
my specs are:
Asus Z490 prime p
gigabyte rx570 4gb
wifi/bluetooth card: BCM943602CS (taken from a real Mac) + PCIE adapter.
make sure fast boot is disabled in BIOS and make sure to have your usb ports set up correctly:

make sure fast boot is disabled in BIOS and make sure to have your usb ports set up correctly:
I did a usb map with the "USBMap" tool link (according to the Dortania guide), and got a maximum of 15 ports. but when you mentioned it, I double checked with Hackintool to see if all the removed ports where in fact deactivated, but Hackintool could see some of the ports I removed with USBMap tool. so I remade the usb map with Hackintool and now these ports are gone in both programs. I'll hope it's fixed now. Thanks!
UPDATE: nope still happening sadly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back