Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do you mean? Which part of post #79 do you mean?
  • I don't use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio and FakePCIID so I don't have anything to remove.
  • In your post, you have layout-id set to 7. I already tried this layout without success.
    I mean: it worked, but only when I copied someone else's EFI from this topic. So the problem must be related to something else than just the layout because when I use this layout in my config then the sound device doesn't show up. The speaker is greyed out.
  • You also have alcid=7 added to boot-args - which takes higher priority than layout-id set in DeviceProperties. This is not required.
Did you check system preferences and sound output?

Did you check system preferences and sound output?
Sure. There was no audio device at all - neither in system preferences nor in Hackintool's audio tab.

But I already found what was the culprit: it was the device-id entry in the config. It didn't match my device ID. I removed this entry completely because this entry doesn't seem to be required (I suppose it might be required if there are more audio devices, correct me if I'm wrong).

The reason why your config worked on my setup was the alcid parameter in boot-args that had higher priority over config.plist entry, so the config was ignored.

So now my audio settings look as follows:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
<dict>
    <key>layout-id</key>
    <integer>11</integer>
</dict>

Notice that I have also changed the layout from 7 to 11. On layout 7 my front panel didn't work. On layout 11 - both: read and front audio output work fine.

Note to future readers: I didn't test the remaining inputs/outputs! So I don't say that this is the best layout for this mobo! But I'm sure that 11 isn't the best either. I'll be experimenting with other layouts and post my results here if I find the perfect one.

Sure. There was no audio device at all - neither in system preferences nor in Hackintool's audio tab.

But I already found what was the culprit: it was the device-id entry in the config. It didn't match my device ID. I removed this entry completely because this entry doesn't seem to be required (I suppose it might be required if there are more audio devices, correct me if I'm wrong).

The reason why your config worked on my setup was the alcid parameter in boot-args that had higher priority over config.plist entry, so the config was ignored.

So now my audio settings look as follows:
Code:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3)</key>
<dict>
    <key>layout-id</key>
    <integer>11</integer>
</dict>

Notice that I have also changed the layout from 7 to 11. On layout 7 my front panel didn't work. On layout 11 - both: read and front audio output work fine.

Note to future readers: I didn't test the remaining inputs/outputs! So I don't say that this is the best layout for this mobo! But I'm sure that 11 isn't the best either. I'll be experimenting with other layouts and post my results here if I find the perfect one.
Strange my output font and back are working =/

I already know that 11 isn't perfect because only the front-panel out and the rear green output work. I don't really care because I will never use anything else than stereo.

Strange my output font and back are working

Does jack detection also work? On my end it does not - I have to manually select the output in audio settings when plugging headphones into the front panel.

On my second hack (z87 Haswell set up with Clover) it works fine. Is there any way to make it work on my current setup as well?

I already know that 11 isn't perfect because only the front-panel out and the rear green output work. I don't really care because I will never use anything else than stereo.

Does jack detection also work? On my end it does not - I have to manually select the output in audio settings when plugging headphones into the front panel.

On my second hack (z87 Haswell set up with Clover) it works fine. Is there any way to make it work on my current setup as well?
So for me I had to remove device id as well to make layout 7 work, layout 7 works both front and back however I manually need to change the output device to make it work, no automatic detection sadly. What about you guys, I am actually really curious to see the EFI of nomaj. Do you guys have both AppleALC.kext and RTL8111 kext 2.3.0 ?

Also guys I updated to Big Sur, at first I couldn't boot however after I updated to OpenCore 0.6.3 I was able to enter and everything seemed to be working the same as in Catalina, I would even say its much more responsive.

Just a note on my EFI :
Used post 83, updated to opencore 0.6.3 (debug), modified audio to use layout-id 7 and remove fakePCI kext etc. updated kexts AppleALC, VirtualSMC, Lilu, WEG, changed some debug values to have a nice start without all the debug info. Using MonitorControl tool for brightness control.

Here is my hardware:
Mac OS Big Sur 11.0.1
IMac20,1
Intel 10100
Asus Z490-p Prime
RX 570 ROG Strix (OOB) (Multi Monitor and correct resolution works perfectly)
NVMe Rocket Q 1TB (OOB)
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8GB (OOB)
Youbo Wifi card & Bluetooth (OOB)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082X8MBMD/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

So as you can see most of my parts work out of the box, I gave up on the HD630 I could never get it working without hot plugging at startup. So I bought from ebay an RX570.

I think I have only 1 issue now is that audio output auto detect is not working, which is not a big deal changing it manually in settings.

Sanitize OpenCore config.plist:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    58.1 MB · Views: 104
I reached the state when I can finally call the system ready to go. It's not fully polished though.

The config isn't a copy of any config from this post. It's based on OpenCore 0.6.3 I set it up based on Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide. I also completed some of the Post-install steps. I didn't do any custom SSDT. I used pre-compiled ones from the guide.

Tested and functional
  • Power management: sleep, auto-sleep, power-off, wake up. The only issue was RTC causing BIOS to show a fail-safe screen. I fixed it by setting DisableRtcChecksum to true.
  • USB: Worked out of the box. I didn't notice any issue related to the missing USB Map, but I made a USB map anyway. All rear ports work (both USB 2 and USB 3). I also enabled 2 front-panel ports. Including the internal HS13 port there are 15 ports in total. So I reached the limit but didn't have to exclude any port.
  • iGPU: Works thanks to framebuffer connectors patch from post #31 (Thanks @RockArtist). These patches solved the black screen issue after boot. But there was one more issue - black screen after wake up. This problem was solved by igfxonln=1 in boot-args.
  • Audio: Works but requires polish. More details below.
  • Network: Works using RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.2. v2.3.0 is causing problems on some routers. More details here.
Known issues
  • Audio: I didn't test all layouts for ALC887 listed here. Using layout-id 11 I got front and rear outputs working. I didn't test microphones. I also know that on this layout the remaining audio outputs are not available.
    Ports auto-detect doesn't work. I have to manually select the output after plugging the headphones into front-panel.
  • USB: I have to press a mouse button twice or tap the keyboard twice to fully wake up the system. The first click just wakes the PC from sleep the second one powers on the monitor. The problem is probably solvable. So far I just followed the first step from the Keyboard Wake Issues section of the Post-install guide - I set acpi-wake-type to AQ== but it didn't help.
  • Boot time: It takes 38 seconds from the bootloader screen (after I press enter) to the login screen. It's too long. My old Z87 Clover based hack running SATA SSD boots in 30 seconds. I don't run OpenCore in debug mode, I disabled all logging. The system is installed on NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus. I didn't try to upgrade the drive firmware yet. I didn't test boot speed on Windows or Linux either.
Not tested
  • Big Sur update: I'm still using Catalina 10.15.7
  • HDMI Audio
  • FileVault
  • DisplayPort
  • DRM: I just followed some steps from the Fixing DRM support and iGPU performance section. iGPU acceleration works. Netflix works, video playback also works, but I can't tell if everything is fine because I didn't complete this guide fully.
  • iServices: I just generated serials based on Fixing iMessage and other services with OpenCore guide. But I gave up on testing with Apple Check after reaching the request limit.

Here's my EFI
  • USBMap is created for my setup. If you use this config you'll most likely need to create your own map because of the front-panel that will not match yours as long as you have the same case and the panel is plugged into the same mobo socket.
  • Serials are stripped out. You need to generate these with GenSMBIOS.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.5 MB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Do you mean Photos.app (the photos browser) or the Preview.app (the images preview app)? If you mean the later then the issue is most likely caused by your iGPU that is not configured to run in headless mode.

Hello,
I am trying to install macOS Catalina 10.15.7, but when i want to boot macOs it gets stucked on the apple logo with a progress bar, I try to use the #83 and #117 EFI folders and both folders give me the same problem, I am using the Bios settings of the post #19. I also try to create my own EFI folder with the Dortania's OpenCore Install Guide, and try with others EFI folders but then I have other problems when I try to boot.
I am noob in the hackintosh.

Here is my hardware:
Asus prime z490-p
i7 10700k
asrock phantom rx 5700 xt
Hp ssd ex900 M.2
kingston Hyperx 2666mhz

Attachments

• With post 83 EFI folder.jpeg
    With post 83 EFI folder.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 62
  • With my own EFI folder.jpeg