Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ciao all,
I'm going to try this mobo in the next days, and I'm wondering about one thing: all of you are referring about open core boot loader instead of Clover. There is a specific reason or this mobo works only with OC ?
Hi, in short, cause Clover doesn't support Z490 Boards CometLake processors.

Had great success with the build using this motherboard, however I am getting the black screen on the iGPU. Everything else is working except for DRM on Netflix. I think its because im using the 20,1 SMBIOS with the RX580. Looking to potentially replace with the 5500 XT or a 5700 XT. Not a huge graphics user so I dont think I need the 5700 XT.

USB: (17-06-2020)

New USB Map.
For the Fenvi 1200, it's ok USB port 11-12?

Hi, past week the Fenvi T919 arrived my home, and all was like butter, the internal USB used to connect bluetooth was 1-2 in the motherboard. After installation and turned on the computer, I had to logoff and logon twice from my iCloud account to activate continuity, after that, all BT features worked fine.

Great card, very nice, but no more that 300Mbps to my TP-Link router, ik ik... this is not related to hackintosh, only a comment :)

btw, in W10 also works fine.

offtopic, last week I learned that Catalina doesn't support Oculus or... Oculus (Facebook) doesn't support MacOS. Could be nice not to reboot my Hack into W10 to only watch a VR tube video... and do it from Catalina... anyway

2 issues with UHD630 setup and this board (Asus Prime Z490-p):
1. max resolution on my 4k screen is 1920x2160 (should be 3840x2160)
2. have to hotplug when booting with 2 monitors so that both monitors work.

2 issues with UHD630 setup and this board (Asus Prime Z490-p):
1. max resolution on my 4k screen is 1920x2160 (should be 3840x2160)
2. have to hotplug when booting with 2 monitors so that both monitors work.
hi, I didn't have this issue, since first time the internal graphics was working fine with two monitors. one display port 4K and other and old DVI with apple HDMI adapter.

I am going to build a new PC with i5 10400F, Asus Z490 Prime-P, Sapphire RX580 4GB. Can I use your files in post #1? I'm new to OpenCore and the last time I build a Hackintosh was 5 years ago ^^

I haven't been able to install on this MOBO. I've tried twice with my own configs from scratch, and all of the EFIs in this thread. I either get a new error or a reboot cycle. maxtools' settings in post 83 give me me only this, a similar error to the one I got from my own config.

I read something about this being an issue with the preboot volume, but I don't even have Catalina installed yet..

Anything thoughts or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: ASUS PRIME z490-p, i7-10700k, XFX Radeon RX 480 4GB

Attachments

• IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 63
I am going to build a new PC with i5 10400F, Asus Z490 Prime-P, Sapphire RX580 4GB. Can I use your files in post #1? I'm new to OpenCore and the last time I build a Hackintosh was 5 years ago ^^
Use EFI from post 83.
For the instructions post 19.
Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back