Contribute
Register

Asus PRIME Z490-P Catalina 10.5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a usb map with the "USBMap" tool link (according to the Dortania guide), and got a maximum of 15 ports. but when you mentioned it, I double checked with Hackintool to see if all the removed ports where in fact deactivated, but Hackintool could see some of the ports I removed with USBMap tool. so I remade the usb map with Hackintool and now these ports are gone in both programs. I'll hope it's fixed now. Thanks!
UPDATE: nope still happening sadly
I just used USBInjectAll and all my ports are recognized. Didn't even bother to map them

All USB prts stopped working after updating to 11.3.1. What should I do?

All USB prts stopped working after updating to 11.3.1. What should I do?

Sadly this is what happens if you don't map USB ports.

Options to boot your PC and then make a change to config.plist :

1) Do you still have a USB boot stick installer? Use that to boot the PC.

2) Boot into Recovery partition and make the amendment from there.

3) VNC into your PC from another computer to make the change from there.

4) Remove the SSD and attach it to another working machine to make the change.

The first change you need to make is to turn-off the XhciPortLimit Quirk.

Sadly this is what happens if you don't map USB ports.

Options to boot your PC and then make a change to config.plist :

1) Do you still have a USB boot stick installer? Use that to boot the PC.

2) Boot into Recovery partition and make the amendment from there.

3) VNC into your PC from another computer to make the change from there.

4) Remove the SSD and attach it to another working machine to make the change.

The first change you need to make is to turn-off the XhciPortLimit Quirk.
Hey. I've created kext file with all required ports and disabled xhci limit. What's the difference between mapping ports and USB Inject All? Can I enable now xhci limit with mapped ports?

Hey. I've created kext file with all required ports and disabled xhci limit. What's the difference between mapping ports and USB Inject All? Can I enable now xhci limit with mapped ports?
With Big Sur 11.3 onwards:
  • Limit the number of USB ports to 15.
  • Do not use XhciPortLimit.
There's no difference between defining USB ports using (a) USBPorts.kext and (b) USBInjectAll with USB SSDT. Option (a) is generally easier than (b).

There's no difference between defining USB ports using (a) USBPorts.kext and (b) USBInjectAll with USB SSDT. Option (a) is generally easier than (b).
There is a difference because if you limit ports to 15 then you have no control over which ports would be disabled/enabled. If you want to have full control you need to map USB ports manually.
Do not use XhciPortLimit

XhciPortLimit got patched and now it works fine.

There is a difference because if you limit ports to 15 then you have no control over which ports would be disabled/enabled. If you want to have full control you need to map USB ports manually.

On the contrary with either USBPorts.kext on it's own, or USBInjectAll.kext+SSDT-UIAC.aml you have exactly the same end-result. The only difference is that since Catalina using an executable within a kext can be tricky because of new security measures. Which is why USBPorts.kext is preferred.

You have full control over the ports being used because you decide which ones to use. (Unless you use someone else's configuration).

XhciPortLimit got patched and now it works fine.

That message related to a beta version of 11.3. I have seen no evidence at all that 11.3 upgraders no-longer have the issue compared with 11.2.*. Sorry.

OC 0.61 with Imac20,1 SMBIOS

If use GenSMBIOS:
  • Note: GenSMBIOS has not been updated to reflect the new repo of MacSerial, to resolve issues with generating iMac20,x, you'll need to do the following:
    • Downloaded the latest release of OpenCorePkg
    • Navigate to Utiltiies/macserial/ folder and grab either the macserial or macserial.exe file(.exe is for Windows)
    • Run chmod +x /path/to/macserial if you're in a Unix environment, otherwise GenSMBIOS will throw a permissions error
    • Place this macserial executable under GenSMBIOS's Scripts folder
    • The Type part gets copied to Generic -> SystemProductName.
    • The Serial part gets copied to Generic -> SystemSerialNumber.
    • The Board Serial part gets copied to Generic -> MLB.
    • The SmUUID part gets copied to Generic -> SystemUUID.

Or use OC Configurator.
Hello,

I try to build a Hackintosh with OpenCore (first time with OC).
Hardware : Intel I9-10850K, Asus Z490-P, 64GB RAM, Samsung SSD, Corsair Carbide box, Intel HD 630 integrated Graphics, IIYAMA Gold Phoenix Display.
Software : OC 0.6.8 (Debug flavor), to install Catalina 10.15.5

I peek and poke a lot of infos here and there to fill up the EFI partition coherently, and build the config.plist file, but to no avail.
I am currently stuck at installing OC on my box, and I don't even know why. Indeed, the stage where the boot hits the wall is so generic that I don't clearly find the escape lane: after a few minutes of loading, the thing is halting and displays the ugly "prohibited sign". And this is not actually specific of a misconfiguration, IMHO.

In the end of the day, I decided to ask for some help on this forum.
I'm not even able to provide a useful log file for this crash.

Could one of you, definitely more expert than me, take a look at my stuff, and point me to what could be wrong ?
I attach here the EFI folder and the config.plist file.

Please ask for more details/infos if required...

Many Thanks, Regards, G.G.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 62
  • config.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back