Contribute
Register

ASUS Prime Z490-A, Intel Core i9-10850K, 64GB RAM, RX 5700 XT GPU

I have a problem in the latest version of Big Sur 11.6.3. Ethernet is not working. I just ported config.plist to the latest OC 0.7.8. I followed Gobias advice to fix Ethernet in config.plist with no success. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Problem solved; my local network was down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

My last build I was using for around 8 years, and it finally broke. So I used this guide to make a new build; probably my last Hackingtosh. I wanted to share my experiences incase they can help anyone; but please bare in mind I am a bit of a novice. Although I could not get my system running from this guide, it was a big help in getting started and finishing.

My components are mostly the same :

ASUS Prime Z490-A

Intel Core i9-10850K

64GB RAM (Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x32GB SDRAM DDR4 3200)

be quiet! BK022 Dark Rock Pro 4 (cpu cooler)

fenvi T919 blue tooth and wifi card

WD_BLACK SN850 1TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (SSD)

DARK BASE PRO 900 rev 2 (case)

Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC (gpu)

First, I updated the BIOS to Version 2403 from Asus website.

I just changed in BIOS according to this guide. I selected XMP I for my RAM, and the computer would not boot. I selected XMP II, and my computer would not boot each time it reset to 2133. I have managed to get my RAM to run at 3067 by selecting XMP II but then going into advanced setting and changing the RAM speed from 3200 to 3067.

I already had an install of Big Sur 11.6.3 on my NVMe. So I wanted to just copy the EFI file and get it going. Unfortunately, I could not get it to boot from this guide's EFI folder. I also tried making the bootable USB from this guide but it would also not boot from this USB.

I managed to get my system to boot from my NVMe using the EFI folder from here:
https://github.com/CharlesCCC/Asus-Prime-Z490-A-OpenCore-Hackintosh

Next, I updated OpenCore and its files to 0.7.8

I updated the kexts in my EFI folder that hacktintool said needed updating.

I have attached my Geekbench scores and disk speeds. Let me know what you think. I still have to get around to mapping the USB ports exactly how i like them; but for now they work OK according the files I used. I also need to tidy up the wiring and case a little. I want to update to Monterey but afraid it will break this system. What do you think? I am a music producer, but also do some video editing and graphics/animation.

Attachments

• IMG_8159.JPG
    IMG_8159.JPG
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.33.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.33.59.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.16.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.16.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.35.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.35.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.34.49.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DiskSpeedTest 2.png
    DiskSpeedTest 2.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.52.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 20.52.59.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 70
DSk, congrats! i also just got my setup running...mostly, too. i tried some pointers from a few build guides...but in the end, I seemed to get some non-local insights into how the pieces were to fit together, and did some get some of the puzzle put together...and the picture got clearer. It is now booting. But, if I plug in an Ethernet cable, the system goes black. I have a hunch the fake model identity is being crunched when it goes out to report to the mothership. ;) Now working on that corner of the whole picture.

I could not resist, just updated to Monterey so far so good.
I still don't have stable Ethernet...plugging in wire, causes my system to lock up. So, just for grins, I am going to do a manual upgrade to Monterey and see if I am still grinning :)
Somewhere on your github page, I see ASL as a language...true?

I still don't have stable Ethernet...plugging in wire, causes my system to lock up. So, just for grins, I am going to do a manual upgrade to Monterey and see if I am still grinning :)
Somewhere on your github page, I see ASL as a language...true?
The Github page I linked was not mine; it was just a page I found and using the EFI files worked for me. Only problem I have so far with Monterey is that my USB Hub stops it from sleeping; it just goes to sleep then 2 secs wakes. I have read about this and think it will be sorted when I do my USB mapping.

I have similar build. After updated to latest 12.2.1 build, it won't able fall back to sleep after it wake up from Power Nap. Anyone have similar issue? better yet, do you have some solution? (It was all working fine before the update.)

The Github page I linked was not mine; it was just a page I found and using the EFI files worked for me. Only problem I have so far with Monterey is that my USB Hub stops it from sleeping; it just goes to sleep then 2 secs wakes. I have read about this and think it will be sorted when I do my USB mapping.
Feel free to use my mapping file here: (I have included diagram on which one mapped with the type).
Looks like you already using it. LOL.

It should be all working fine for you (looks like your Wireless card USB mapping won't be the same as mine.)

Reactions: dsk
Feel free to use my mapping file here: (I have included diagram on which one mapped with the type).
Looks like you already using it. LOL.

It should be all working fine for you (looks like your Wireless card USB mapping won't be the same as mine.)
Charles, your files were a big help, thanks so much.

Back