Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS
CPU
i7 2630 QM
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 520MX
Good evening to all. These days I tried several times to make my ASUS K53SC a Hackintosh without success. The USB flash drive is not detected by the system as bootable. I currently have no operating system installed on the laptop and I have no mac system from which I can create an installer. I would therefore like to start again from scratch to understand first if my laptop is compatible to create an hackintosh and in case which mac os system I can install. My only purpose is use Xcode to develop iOS applications. Below I leave the specifications of my laptop so you can help me. Thanks to all of the help.

ASUS K53SC-SX019X
-Intel Core i7-2630 QM 2.00 GHz
-8 GB DRR3 RAM Installed
-120 GB SSD
-Intel HD Graphics 3000 as Integrated
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 M

I've also check for the current BIOS Version and it's the 221 Version. Can anyone help me?

If you are developing iOS apps for the App Store, then you will want to be on Xcode 11 (support for 10.1 ends in April). So your minimum OS X version is 10.14.4. However, the drivers for HD Graphics 3000 were removed in Mojave, because it can't do Metal. So the newest OS X your laptop can run is 10.13.6.

If you still want to try, go for 10.13.6 and Xcode 10.1, and hurry up and finish your app in the next 4 months! Otherwise, you will need newer hardware.

If you are developing iOS apps for the App Store, then you will want to be on Xcode 11 (support for 10.1 ends in April). So your minimum OS X version is 10.14.4. However, the drivers for HD Graphics 3000 were removed in Mojave, because it can't do Metal. So the newest OS X your laptop can run is 10.13.6.

If you still want to try, go for 10.13.6 and Xcode 10.1, and hurry up and finish your app in the next 4 months! Otherwise, you will need newer hardware.
Hi kylec, at this point my question is: can I continue developing on Xcode 10.1 and export the project to an Xcode 11 or new version only to load app into the app store? However thank you for your reply

I'm not sure. I think when I've done that in the past, the changes I had to make to the project were minimal, to compile in the newer version. But it depends on what APIs you're using.

I'm not sure. I think when I've done that in the past, the changes I had to make to the project were minimal, to compile in the newer version. But it depends on what APIs you're using.
Ok. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
That's outside the scope of this forum.

Ok. Last question and I'm done. If I use VirutalBox or VMWare to use MacOS there will be problems to upload app on AppStore ore it will be ok?
i think you need to go back and read the rules

i think you need to go back and read the rules
And I think that I understand with the first answer from kylec. However I have edited the message :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back