Contribute
Register

ASUS Gryphon Z87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a secure boot issue. Make sure you've disabled that in the UEFI.

yeah i think that but even deselecting secure boot from bios (from "windows UEFI" to "OTHER OS") no way booting

when rebooting after bootloader installation appears:

THE SYSTEM FOUND UNAUTHORIZED CHANGES on THE FIRMWARE, OPERATING SYSTEM OR UEFI DRIVERS.
PRESS [N] TO RUN THE NEXT BOOT DEVICE , or ENTER DIRECTLY TO BIOS SETUP IF THERE ARE NO OTHER BOOT DEVICES INSTALLED.
GO TO BIOS SETUP- ADVANCED-BOOT and CHANGE THE CURRENT BOOT DEVICE INTO OTHER SECURED BOOT DEVICES.

I ve to run MULTIBEAST and INSTALLING CHIMERA ON GUID PARTINON BEFORE INSTALLING CLOVER?

I had a similar issue and rebooted with unibeast and reran multibeast with the dsdt free option and selected just the basic drivers, networkng and sound, and rebooted and all was fine.

EDIT:

Thanks WonkeyDonkey for your help and guidance. The 'Clover Configurator' seems to be a great tool indeed. And I'm sure this thread will be valuable for current and future Asus MB owners.

Thanks again!

Forgot to ask how this is coming along. I've got the basics working on my Asus Q87M-E and I'd be interested on what progress you've had with Clover configuration.

Im taking a little break from the Clover stuff right now while I await replies from Asus.

It a real shame that such a good quality board is let down by schoolboy errors in the bios.

Gigabyte dont have this issue on their Z87 boards, neither does the Asrock board I have.

Im taking a little break from the Clover stuff right now while I await replies from Asus.
Already went down that road without success. The solution is simple, use a Chimera/Chameleon USB booter (not installer). Put Clover on a different USB for config.plist testing. When a Clover config fails, use Chimera/Chameleon. When Clover is working, install on the hard disk. Problems/Issues?

Clover/Chimera USB booter (MBR/HFS+/1 partition/any size)
Clover USB booter (GUID/HFS+/1 or more visible partitions plus EFI/8 GB)

It a real shame that such a good quality board is let down by schoolboy errors in the bios.

Gigabyte dont have this issue on their Z87 boards, neither does the Asrock board I have.

I agree, you'd think Asus would have this figured out by now. I mean they always find a fix relatively soon after release on the older boards. You'd think they could be prepared on release day by now.

I guess it turned out to be a blessing in disguise this time. I am able to get a real mac type boot now. I made a clover installer and it boots with a os x boot menu with options like running time machine, recovery petition, install/repair, etc.

right now my sound/networking/video work without any modification.

although, sleep reboots and sends me to the clover boot menu.

Did you get sleep working yet?

I havent gone as far as testing sleep yet; its something I rarely use.

An optimised Clover configuration is the next best thing for us I think, with a 14,x definition Im kinda hoping we can get it running nice and smooth :)

There also seems to be some indication that the 7750 may work properly with Mavericks; this is a card Im very intersted in.

Alright, so here's what I've done so far, starting from the very beginning. Maybe this will help you see where I've went wrong. Also, here's some more info about my complete setup, which I guess might be important.

• Asus Gryphon Z87 Tuf
  • i7-4770K
  • 2X Samsung Pro 840 256GB SSD
  • 2X Barracuda 3TB HD

In BIOS settings:

1. Entered advanced tab, System Agent Config, Graphics Config, set Primary Display to iGPU.
  2. Set iGPU Memory to 32M.
  3. Set USB Support to Full Initialization (had to do this so the Unibeast drive would be recognized).
  4. Made sure that SATA Mode Selection was set to AHCI

Unibeast

1. Plugged in the Unibeast USB drive and restarted computer.
  2. Formatted Samsung Pro SSD to 1 partition, Mac OS X Journaled, GUID Partition.
  3. Installed Mountain Lion on that drive.

OS X Installation

1. Restarted computer with Unibeast drive still attached.
  2. Booted into Mountain Lion hard drive.
  3. Installed Mountain Lion on hard drive.
  4. Downloaded Multibeast.
  5. Installed ONLY the settings from the screenshot above.
  6. Shut down computer.
  7. Removed Unibeast drive.
  8. Turned on computer.
  9. Computer boots to BIOS settings instead of booting into Mountain Lion.

Booting into OSX (still with Unibeast though)
  1. Was using HDMI but message would display "Input not supported" and go black. So I switched to DVI.
  2. OS X loads just fine. Audio is working and Ethernet is working great!

How did you even get into installer. I have gryphon z87 and GTX 670 4gb. Is there any boot flags you used to get to installer?

How did you even get into installer. I have gryphon z87 and GTX 670 4gb. Is there any boot flags you used to get to installer?

I figured it out. I upgdrade my bios to the latest and it worked. I thought patching the bios was something different. I have been running 10.9 for a week but then all of a sudden i get a bluethooth error on start up.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 338
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back