Contribute
Register

ASUS Gryphon Z87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else had any issues with sleep? It was working perfectly for me about a month ago.

Currently I'm finding that the time in OS X ends up being incorrect when waking from sleep. IE: sleep at 10:15AM, system sleeps correctly but when woken back up the time is still 10:15AM.

Edit: What a bizarre issue... This wasn't OS X related at all. Even the clock within the UEFI was not incrementing. Went ahead and used the clear rtc jumper and everything is back to normal.

I thought I would post a little update on this board.

It is now fully working with Chimera and runs very smooth. You need to use the method of installing Chimera to the EFI partition as detailed here :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html

It works very well indeed if you follow the guide though.

The best System Definition I found for this so far is 14,2.

:thumbup:

Hi wonkey donkey , I have the Asus Gryphon z87 working well to , just curious , does anybody have this issue occur on shutdown , occasionally the screen doesn't fully fade to grey , it still shows the desktop pattern faded and mixed with grey , it still shuts down perfectly though?

I am using an Asus Gryphon z87
Intel I7 4770k
16gb Corsair Ram

Looking forward to any replies.

I'm not getting past The Unibeast menu where i choose to boot from USB. From here i get black screen and nothing. Which codes are you using to get past this? Also, i've updated to the latest BIOS 1707. Are all of you using integrated graphics, cause I am using a GTX 560 ti... Help is much appreciated :D

Didn't do anything to make it work...

I read in an older thread by tonymacx86 that the graphics card HAS to be in the first PCIe slot, can any of you confirm that this is still a necessity? My Cooler protrudes the first slot so I am currently using the second PCIe slot for my GTX 560ti.

EDIT: So i pried off the heat sinks of my vengeance RAM allowing me to turn my CPU cooler 90 degrees and making room i the top PCIe slot, didnt make the difference for me. trying to plug my screen directly to the mobo got me through installation of mavericks and i ran multibeast with the configurations described in the thread. Now it boots directly into BIOS even if i have my unibeast USB drive attached. Has this occured to anyone else?

Has anyone happened to figure out what the correct settings are to use both the onboard GPU in addition to an Nvidia GPU? I've tried to get it to work a few times now but haven't had any luck.

Didn't do anything to make it work...
Hi! I have Asus Gryphon with GTX660. Can you help me please install OS X on this configuration? What is better to use? Clover or Chimera? Can you share your EFI folder with Clover?

Haven't seen a guide for Clover before so now i feel encouraged to jump into it. Thanks Kduvernay!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back