Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Assistance Needed-How to extend to external display using HDMI/MiniDP with Intel HD 630?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Sabre 17-Clover
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
HD 630+ GTX 1050, 1920x1080
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Previously worked on HS & Mojave Beta, since updating to final unable to use MiniDP.

From a build package I was lucky enough to get for High Sierra from here for a very similarly spec'd notebook to mine, the configuration on HS allowed me to use my external monitor when plugged in via MiniDP, I since moved to Mojave and it worked as well though after getting assistance to have DSDT patched, unable to get the monitor working again.

Unsure if a kext is required or DSDT fix or modifying ig-platform-id.

Problem Reporting Files attached.
With current clover setup just about everything works (except for Wi-Fi though using LAN/TP-Link dongle substitutes).

External display is an Apple Cinema Display monitor with a DVI connection, I've tried a DVI-to-MiniDP and DVI-to-HDMI converter on the Mojave build and neither work (Worked on HS & both work on Windows).

The notebook has 1xHDMI & 2xMiniDP ports - 1xMiniDP is dedicated to the GTX1050 which of course does not work.
Along with Intel HD Graphics 630, details on profile.

When booting, the external display turns on by itself as a duplicate screen then halfway through the screen with the Apple logo crashes (When using the dedicated MiniDP port for the NVidia card it boot loops right after Clover BL)

Edit 1: Applied fixes for Intel HD Graphics 630 suggested from this thread that were not present in my configuration (unsure if it can be applied or is applied in my DSDT). After applying the fixes there is no change, the only difference is that when the external monitor is plugged in pre-boot, while booting both external and notebook displays go blank whether using verbose or not and never actually boot into OSX.

Attachments

• debug_19005.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Previously worked on HS & Mojave Beta, since updating to final unable to use MiniDP.

From a build package I was lucky enough to get for High Sierra from here for a very similarly spec'd notebook to mine, the configuration on HS allowed me to use my external monitor when plugged in via MiniDP, I since moved to Mojave and it worked as well though after getting assistance to have DSDT patched, unable to get the monitor working again.

Unsure if a kext is required or DSDT fix or modifying ig-platform-id.

Problem Reporting Files attached.
With current clover setup just about everything works (except for Wi-Fi though using LAN/TP-Link dongle substitutes).

External display is an Apple Cinema Display monitor with a DVI connection, I've tried a DVI-to-MiniDP and DVI-to-HDMI converter on the Mojave build and neither work (Worked on HS & both work on Windows).

The notebook has 1xHDMI & 2xMiniDP ports - 1xMiniDP is dedicated to the GTX1050 which of course does not work.
Along with Intel HD Graphics 630, details on profile.

When booting, the external display turns on by itself as a duplicate screen then halfway through the screen with the Apple logo crashes (When using the dedicated MiniDP port for the NVidia card it boot loops right after Clover BL)

Edit 1: Applied fixes for Intel HD Graphics 630 suggested from this thread that were not present in my configuration (unsure if it can be applied or is applied in my DSDT). After applying the fixes there is no change, the only difference is that when the external monitor is plugged in pre-boot, while booting both external and notebook displays go blank whether using verbose or not and never actually boot into OSX.
common issue, best to plug in external monitors after macOS has loaded

I’ve tried that though there’s no effect that I can see.
I’ve also tried using cmd+opt then opening System Preferences and Display settings though there are no additional options.

Current using AirDisplay and the method above to edit Display options though there is lag whether using a high/low resolution at 60fps which does not make for the best experience - using 5GHz WiFi and on LAN

I’ve tried that though there’s no effect that I can see.
I’ve also tried using cmd+opt then opening System Preferences and Display settings though there are no additional options.

Current using AirDisplay and the method above to edit Display options though there is lag whether using a high/low resolution at 60fps which does not make for the best experience - using 5GHz WiFi and on LAN
read post 2 of the laptop guide regarding installing kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

only the kexts you need should be installed to /Library/Extensions

also best to update your config.plist from the guide above which allows for new options for audio and display properties in mojave

also best to use Rehabman's version of clover

This can be marked as solved. Following the guide and going from vanilla to customising the Hackintosh got me up and running to use my HDMI port to connect an external display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back